Scariest Horror Movie (1 Viewer)

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
yeh same, not a fan, but i made this thread out of curiosity :)

Does "The Strangers" have gore?
Not until the end really, I think. Okay so one guy gets an axe to the back of his neck or something halfway through the movie but that's about it until the very end. Most of the time the two people are just being followed and threatened by the three freaks in masks. The worst part is the bit with the smoke alarm on the chair. At least that's what I remember.
I was paranoid for about a month or so after I watched it though.

HSC
Not until the end really, I think. Okay so one guy gets an axe to the back of his neck or something halfway through the movie but that's about it until the very end. Most of the time the two people are just being followed and threatened by the three freaks in masks. The worst part is the bit with the smoke alarm on the chair. At least that's what I remember.
I was paranoid for about a month or so after I watched it though.
Ahh sounds kinda gruesome =P

But the scariest i've seen so far was Dawn of the Dead
Scariest I've Heard was The Exorcist

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'm slowly making my way through the top 100 horrors now. :)

I think Psycho is a good one, that leaves a lasting impression. Exorcist was good, but it didn't have any real after effect on me.

My favourite to watch though is probably Friday the 13th.

HSC

I think Psycho is a good one, that leaves a lasting impression. Exorcist was good, but it didn't have any real after effect on me.

lol i herd that the director died after making The Exorcist =S

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Horror movies are boring. The old Alfred Hitchcock movies are pretty scary.

HSC

I LOVE PSYCHO! such such such a good film

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i think there was already a thread on this, called "The Most Effective Horror Movie" or something.

anyways, my vote goes to The Amityville Horror, but i havnt seen a good horror movie in a while..

HSC
i think there was already a thread on this, called "The Most Effective Horror Movie" or something.

anyways, my vote goes to The Amityville Horror, but i havnt seen a good horror movie in a while..
Oh really? I honestly didn't know that, sorry :eek:

HSC
I want to see a movie called Antichrist which I think is on at the Dendy. Sounds pretty good.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
Horror movies are usually shit. Zombies are lame. End of world survival crap is lame. The strangers is lame, if you were scared of that you might as well be scared of 'the very hungry caterpillar'. I like the 'SAW' series that is some sick yet epic shit. The guy who made that should see a psychologist.

caitlinMORTON

HSC
I'm a big Horror movie fan and I've never really been scared of them until I saw Paranormal Activity last weekend. It wasn't that scary until I got home, I had to sleep on the lounge inside because my caravan was making noise! I've noticed everyone who's scared of horror movies doesn't get scared of it but if you don't get scared of horror movies you will :)

Also Dawn of the Dead was a good one :)

Grudge
Grudge 2
All the Saws except Saw 2 (or 3? The one where they rip his ribs open with chains, that ones all gore no horror)
Oh... LOTS :shy:

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Is Paranormal Activity really that scary? I herd it wasn't lol
Paranormal Activity isn't too scary, but it's still alright. It's mostly just suspense, which means once you've seen the whole movie it doesn't seem all that scary afterwards. But it's a different story while you're in the moment and watching the film, and the acting helps make the scenarios more realistic.

People say they had trouble sleeping after watching Paranormal Activity, but that hasn't happened to me.

I personally felt the Blair Witch Project to be more suspenseful and frightening compared to Paranormal Activity.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)