Scare of Hsc and uni might only be my dream :-( (1 Viewer)

JJV

HSC
2007 HSC exams r coming up, want to go to macquarie uni for studying accountant next year.
BUT my assessment marks haven't seem to reach up to that point.

DESPERATE, FRUSTRATED,
How the hell will i get 89 of uai.
that's really impossible.

My English is the problem , that's what the teachers usually say

I NEED HEEELPPP..................................................................................

IN WHAT WAYS I HAVE TO STUDY TO GET SUCCEED ON REACHING IT ???
pLEASE HELP ME....

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
youve still got a long way to go, so i wouldnt give up if i were you
have you considered tutoring for english, if you say that its really bad, because that actually might help you
youve still got 2 and a half terms to go, so study hard, make sure you attack the assessments to the best of your ability and im sure youll get into the dream course you want
good luck

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Hey there :)

Don't worry, like Jemsta said you have a long way to go! I was freaking out (quite a lot!) last year and one of my teacher's reminded me that even by the time you reach the actual HSC exams you still have 50% of your mark to make up - so there's always hope!

What are your rankings like? Remember it's the ranks rather than the actual marks that matter. Whatever they are, you have plenty of time to improve on them so long as you start working really hard and dont get discouraged. The worst thing you could do right now is to get trapped into thinking that getting a UAI of 89 and getting into uni is impossible - you need to believe you can do it :p

I know you probably don't want to hear the "there's always other options" line (that one really pissed me off so I feel like a hypocrite :eek:), but it's true. Even if by some chance you didn't get into your dream uni course there are always other ways. You can start off in a course with a lower UAI, go well in uni and work your way up. Also macq uni has a non-award program so you could even consider doing that and getting into your course that way. It might take you a year or two longer to get there, but you still can!

Try not to stress too much cos there's nothing worse, last year I was so stressed and convinced uni was a dream that would never come true that I went a little insane lol... so just breatheee and take it easy! You can do this :D

Lots of luck!!

Last edited:
HSC
Hmmm...this sounds so wankery.... :eek:

Think of the HSC as a race. If the HSC was a 400m race...at this stage in time you wouldn't even be around the first bend. Do you know what I'm getting at? :D

it's early stages, you know what you want, you have an idea of where you are at, but you haven't quite hit the ground running. But that's ok, because you have so much longer to go. DO NOT PANIC! just try a little harder, run a little faster so by the halfway mark you are where you want to be and then you can really power down the final straight. :)

enough with the metaphors :p ....To be blunt, You are not going to get anywhere by panicking. I know, I have the benefit of hindsight, I spent more time panicking about my ranks than doing anything about it and working to improve my mark and ranks...I sugggest you work at your weakest area and then go from there. If its english, ask for help from teachers, fellow students or get a tutor. It will really increase your self esteem. If that doesnt work work at it in tandem with your best subject. :uhhuh:

Anyways point is there is so much time to go, to steadily improve so you can really ace the HSC and get the marks you need and deserve! All the best! :wave:

Last edited:

Dooki

HSC
dont worri i didnt understand english throughout the whole yr and finally got english tutoring after the trials. I didnt do extremely well or anything but i managed to get a band 5 when i only realli started studying for english a month b4 the HSC.
btw my ranks were below average

-pari-

HSC
N/A
with english - best study method is keep on writing.
essays feature articles, creative writing..hand them in get feedback keep at it

uai of 89 wasnt' impossible.
u just made it so with a defeatist attitude :eek:

they say those who "think they can" are generally right. and those who "think they can't" are generally right too. so chin up ;) and as everyone has said - remember - we'er hardly much through the year yet, there is loads of time for improvement. make use of it :)

gud luck !

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
english is easy, for essays just download some info from BOS that relates to your area, essay plans, dot point info, good quotes etc... then spend some time writing it into a good essay, practise writing that a few times until you can do it in 40mins and have atleast all the main points and quotes, if not the whole thing word for word.

that should get you a minimum of 80, i got 86 i think doing exactly that and i was in the dumbest english class full of all the rebels and 'criminals' and i was in no way good at english.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
JJV said:
2007 HSC exams r coming up, want to go to macquarie uni for studying accountant next year.
BUT my assessment marks haven't seem to reach up to that point.

DESPERATE, FRUSTRATED,
How the hell will i get 89 of uai.
that's really impossible.

My English is the problem , that's what the teachers usually say

I NEED HEEELPPP..................................................................................

IN WHAT WAYS I HAVE TO STUDY TO GET SUCCEED ON REACHING IT ???
pLEASE HELP ME....
*sigh* I really dont know where to begin.

The HSC exams aren't coming up, you haven't even done your half yearlies or trials nor completed the majority of your assessments.

Stressing about it will get you nowhere fast.

Your goal\dream isn't impossible only you will make it impossible.

If English is the problem do something about it instead of getting all worked up. There is still time, you can improve and you can get to where you want to be.

If you are so positive that you want to go to uni then you will get there be it through your uai or another means if you have the determination.

magpam said:
omg me too!!!!
what if i dont get in :(???
*double sigh*

It seems as every HSC year passes each year is more stressed then the next.

If you don't get in? Into uni, well if you is what you want then as I said you have set yourself a goal and something to strive towards this year. It is only you who will not let you get in. Just do your best and try not to keep stressing as that won't do anything, or at least stress after the HSC.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
JJV, the best thing for u to do at this current stage is for you to READ MORE. (more English books, newspaper, novels etc) That's the only way you'll improve on ur grammer, spelling, punctuation etc.

Get a professional English tutor who has had LOTS of experience, and work closely with them until u naturally just get better and better. You have time, so don't worry.

btw, which English course are you doing?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
punctuation and spelling in the first post are too good for someone who possesses the poor english skills which are being displayed. obviously, the first post is a parody.

yr gettin trolled.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
punctuation and spelling in the first post are too good for someone who possesses the poor english skills which are being displayed. obviously, the first post is a parody.

yr gettin trolled.
it could just be GJV's evil sibling?

Season

HSC
Calm down, no amount of freaking out will get you there.

Will the world come crashing down if you don't get a UAI of 89? No it won't, most likely you'll broaden your mind by going to a different uni with a different cut off.

Do this and you cannot screw up
-go to school
-pay attention in class, even if you're friends are being dicks
-do ALL homework required
-study in advance, don't cram, sometimes it works but if cramming works then imagine what studying in advance when you were calm would do
-find out what way of studying is best for you, ie visual, kinetic, aural etc.
-only the people who study get the top mark, someone who is incredibly intelligent will still not top the mark. In ALL my classes this is the case
-do assignments in advance
-go out and have fun too

Look 89 is above average I'll admit, but if you work and study then there is no reason why you wouldn't get it. So take a breath and do some homework or something, your time is better spent either working or chilling out. Stress is a waste of emotions- go get a girlfriend instead.

Season

HSC
double study period ;)

hehe

They tried to make us call them that as well

poor poor teachers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)