Scaling.. (1 Viewer)

fayeee

HSC
Hey. Just wondering..

my subjects for 2009 are

PDHPE, Food Technology, Biology, 3U maths & adv. english (maybe Chemistry though i'm considering dropping it as soon as year 12 starts)

Is a good (above 95) UAI still capable? provided that I do exceptionally well in those subjects? Or will my UAI be affected because of the poor scaling of those subjects?

Heaps torn & confused..

and tons scared about year 12 lol

thanks in advance <3

HSC
N/A
of course above 95 uai is possible, even tho food tech and pd dont scale as well as your other subjects, but yeh i reckon u have to do pretty well in these subjects

what course are you aiming for?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Most of the subject combination can get you 100 UAI.

Your schools have good scaling and I am confident that you will pull off 95+ UAI as long as you perform decently in all your subjects.

fayeee

HSC
barbecuedflava said:
of course above 95 uai is possible, even tho food tech and pd dont scale as well as your other subjects, but yeh i reckon u have to do pretty well in these subjects

what course are you aiming for?
psychology, pharmacy, or medicine :]

fayeee

HSC
lyounamu said:
Most of the subject combination can get you 100 UAI.

Your schools have good scaling and I am confident that you will pull off 95+ UAI as long as you perform decently in all your subjects.
ahh thankyou =)

I will definitely drop chemistry then. I hate it with a fiery passion, and the only reason I was considering doing it was because it had pretty okay scaling :/

Numbers

Banned
HSC
Of course you can get 95 UAI with that combination of subjects. Study hard, study long, study good, study books.

aimzlouise

HSC
fayeee said:
Hey. Just wondering..

my subjects for 2009 are

PDHPE, Food Technology, Biology, 3U maths & adv. english (maybe Chemistry though i'm considering dropping it as soon as year 12 starts)

Is a good (above 95) UAI still capable? provided that I do exceptionally well in those subjects? Or will my UAI be affected because of the poor scaling of those subjects?

Heaps torn & confused..

and tons scared about year 12 lol

thanks in advance <3
im pretty sure chemistry is considered mandatory at numerous university's for the courses of medicine and pharmacy. so i wouldn't drop it.

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
aimzlouise said:
im pretty sure chemistry is considered mandatory at numerous university's for the courses of medicine and pharmacy. so i wouldn't drop it.
And I'm pretty certain there are bridging courses, though.
There have been plenty of people who did Medicine without doing Chemistry or Biology in high school.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
phosphorescent said:
There have been plenty of people who did Medicine without doing Chemistry or Biology in high school.
There wouldn't be plenty of people who would have done Medicine without Chemistry.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
aimzlouise said:
Yes, but it's more about what the OP wants to do. If the uni degree that she is interested in doesn't require Chemistry, why feel the need to do it?

Subject selection is more based on your interest and ability than the requirement posed by the subject in regards to the future career because most uni degrees first require decent UAI.

HSC
N/A
phosphorescent said:
yuck! who wants to spend their time doing a bridging course :(

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
barbecuedflava said:
yuck! who wants to spend their time doing a bridging course :(
Agreed. If you don't like doing it now, how can you suddently grow the interest in the subject?

On top of that, if you cannot do it well now, how can you suddenly excel in it?

fayeee

HSC
lyounamu said:
Agreed. If you don't like doing it now, how can you suddently grow the interest in the subject?

On top of that, if you cannot do it well now, how can you suddenly excel in it?
the teacher for chemistry isn't great.. and i can't swap lines without it interfering with my other subjects

phosphorescent

You make me sad.
HSC
lyounamu said:
There wouldn't be plenty of people who would have done Medicine without Chemistry.
Well actually, there kind of have been plenty?
Quite a few, then.

phuck

HSC
Before dropping chemistry, see if your courses have flexible entry, and if that includes chem. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)