Scaling... (1 Viewer)

Girly

Is it just me or does everyone agree that Engineering scales really bad for such a hard subject. I think theres so much to know and I find it really hard to remember everything in tests, plus the drawings take so much time for only 4 or so marks. Engineering should be one of the subjects that scales a lot higher than it does!!! :chainsaw:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Girly
Is it just me or does everyone agree that Engineering scales really bad for such a hard subject. I think theres so much to know and I find it really hard to remember everything in tests, plus the drawings take so much time for only 4 or so marks. Engineering should be one of the subjects that scales a lot higher than it does!!! :chainsaw:
I agree. But unfortunately, not many academically strong students are undertaking this course, that is, students who are doing Engineering Studies who do well in ALL other courses that they are doing. Therefore, making the scaling low.

MoNNiE

HSC
Originally posted by Girly
i agree with the scalling,

don't worry too much about the drawings.. they are all free hand and do not have to be to exact measurements unless specified..as it was in the old HSC format.. just don't be threatened by the drawings.. though i guess it is tempting at times to stare at it for a vast amount of time!

Last edited:

Girly

Yeah im not soo worried about the drawing thing.. just annoying how it scales so bad compared to other subjects like physics when i find it so much harder and needing to know a lot more.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
no way~
engineering is so much easier than physics and the scaling, thourgh not great, is not that bad either when u compare with other subjects (say biology)....it shows in that around 8% of the candidature last year got Band 6, which is marginally lower than chem or physics which are considered as scaling well~

anyhows its not the scaling which counts in the end, how well u do in the course is what counts~

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Yeh i agree with inasero, I had a look at the scaling of all subjects last year, and engineering studies had a scaled mean of 36.3, whereas physics was 36.2, and chemistry was 34.8

I dont find the drawings all that difficult, although its probably bcoz i did technical drawing in years 9 and 10. Anybody else do tech drawing in 9 and 10?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)