Scaling of ACCT2542 marks? (1 Viewer)

otherside

well i've heard from people that around 80% of people failed the final last year, so they had to scale it up. Can anyone verify/reject that?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Shawny said:
man is blatabat a nice person ?

i heard conflicting reports of evil and nice

well according to dianne they said tat 2b was taught differently 2004 and2005 thats why we were 'harder'

thats why she said pastpapers aren't always a good indication and tut questions are usually better

and she took the IMI question rite out of text book or something.
Pfff
The IMI tut questions , or should i say "exercise" questions, were wayy easier
If they wanted that standard they should have given us Problem Questions to do...from the txtbook.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
otherside said:
well i've heard from people that around 80% of people failed the final last year, so they had to scale it up. Can anyone verify/reject that?
I don't think anyone could verify that apart from the course co-ordinators themselves.
Coz i've also heard that 60% of the 2b students failed the course last sem. Doubt it.

otherside

I remember a while ago, Laz or someone else managed to find a list of law subjects with grade distributions...wonder if its possible to do the same for this course

Affinity

HSC
Lecturers have to explain if the marks distribution is too far from the average/norm...

otherside

Minai said:
I think I'm gonna have to rely on the Pass Conceeded for Accounting 2B which I think I may have failed (its a 'pass final to pass course which sux cos I'm on 73% before the final exam)

My cumulative WAM is 77.042, so I meet the requirements
Minai said:
S2 ACCT2542 Corporate Financial Reporting....56 PS

Term WAM: 68.667 Overall WAM: 75.367
Call me a freak but im just worried...heheh so ive done some research on minai's results

Judging by these posts, and assuming a 60% final for 2004
Minai woulda got 29/40 pre-final, and 56-29= 27/60 for the final?

Yet he still passed? so does that mean the rule is not strict?

Sarah

HSC
N/A
otherside said:
Call me a freak but im just worried...heheh so ive done some research on minai's results

Judging by these posts, and assuming a 60% final for 2004
Minai woulda got 29/40 pre-final, and 56-29= 27/60 for the final?

Yet he still passed? so does that mean the rule is not strict?
Email the lecturer in charge and see if you can get an answer.

And for those of you who hate accounting well the simple thing is not to do it! :)

Shawny

i've mailed maria wif valid questions and she doesn't respond man

let alone questiosn bout past marks or supp's

Shawny

i've mailed maria wif valid questions and she doesn't respond man

let alone questiosn bout past marks or supp's

E3k0

HSC
N/A
Called Maria on Friday

she sounded annoy

"Failing finals and failing course will be enforced unless exceptional circumstances arise"

Shawny

yep

tats about wat she said to me

i went to see her coz she wont reply to my emails
and she told me the high number of special consideration applications will as a result see many and no doubt valid claims be rejected.

they will be extremely tough on selection as she has no interest in marking a huge set of exams.

also said tat those with minor health issues such as vomitting/diahorea/flu will most likely not be granted a supp.

- remembered also saying something like most likely those wif conditions listed as 'severe' will be given a supp, otherwise it wont be given.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Shawny said:
also said tat those with minor health issues such as vomitting/diahorea/flu will most likely not be granted a supp.
....So shtting myself when i saw the consolidation question doesnt count?

Shawny

she always maintained tat scailing was dependent upon how the cohort performs

and no shitting urself when u saw consolidation doesn't count

but the guy behind u and around u can claim spec consideration for the hour long stink

sleepycat

Im getting so freaked out by this Acct 2b Final... I have never sat for an exam and felt soo TERRIBLE afterwards... **fingers crossed**

ricenoodles

HSC
For someone who only had one entry in his consolidation worksheet, I'm feeling quite terrible myself :(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for doing that research on my marks :)

The general consensus in my year was the same..it was damn hard and almost everyone I talked to was saying "omg I failed" so yeah I think most people ended up passing (even with a shitty mark like 56 for me, which totally screwed my WAM)

I say don't worry about it now, if most people did badly, there should be some adjustments made, and they should bell curve it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)