Scaling for CAFS (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Hey, I'm aiming to get band 6 in cafs..but I am worried about it being a low scaling subject does anyone understand about the scaling? Does it mean that you need to get a high band 6 to actually get band 6?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
2nd last day

Does anyone else do society and culture as well!!it sucks so much!!I didnt have any exams for ages, now i have 2 in the last 2 days while all my friends are out partying :(

forbzy

yeah cfs does scale really low in the report on scaling for 2002 it had that the mean mark for cfs was 36.1 and the scaled mark was 20.9.
The way that a subject is scaled though changes evey year but hopefully we can both get a band 6.

meisme

Basically with cafs if you're mark is kinda average you'll be dragged down with scaling. if you do something astronomical or just plain fantastic they will scale your mark differently as they recognise that you're not the type of student (academically speaking) that usually takes the cafs course......Still as its not technically a smart-arse course no matter what you get it won't be worth as much as say, physics

Wish i'd known about this business before i got locked into my subjects....such is life, and who else votes that they want to kill their careers adviser?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)