• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Scabing marks :) (its okey for the HSC lol) (1 Viewer)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I went from Rank 11th to Rank Equal 2nd in my Physics half yearly =D

But it wasn't mark scabbing, they had named my multiple choice paper wrong!

Lukybear

HSC
Lol nup :haha:

Scenario: It's the end of the year, you've got your results for trials and everything. You beat this guy that you barely know by less than 1% in total (assume it's for Maths or something), placing you first. Now the guy comes up to you with his test and points to a question and asks whether or not he should try to get an extra mark or so.
You see it and you're absolutely certain that he should've gotten the mark. He doesn't seem to be too certain though. If he gets the mark, you lose your first place ranking and come second.

What do you do?
Knock him unconscious and tear his paper up. No evidence.

dp624

HSC
ahaha
good one bro
i think my most successful 'scab' was when they didn't mark a certain question in my maths paper worth 3 marks
went from =1st for that exam (but ~5th overall) to 1st overall

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
lol the worse is comparing a question you got wrong but your friend got right..u feel like shit when youre in the situation where you're actually wrong and making your friend lose marks instead haha!
That's happened to me - I was the guy who lost the mark. He didn't care, fking ass. :mad1:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Lol nup :haha:

Scenario: It's the end of the year, you've got your results for trials and everything. You beat this guy that you barely know by less than 1% in total (assume it's for Maths or something), placing you first. Now the guy comes up to you with his test and points to a question and asks whether or not he should try to get an extra mark or so.
You see it and you're absolutely certain that he should've gotten the mark. He doesn't seem to be too certain though. If he gets the mark, you lose your first place ranking and come second.

What do you do?
I'd say 'hell no, are you crazy bro!!!! thats definitely wrong, cmon thats year 10 stuff' :)

MSELIM2

HSC
I wish I could scab marks, my head of maths is a total idiot,
In our half yearlies there was this question , like a), b) and so on, so in part b) i had all the right working out, but for some strange reason i accidentally wrote the wrong answer so he took 1 mark out of 3 off, i agreed with him on that, but in part c) i needed to use the answer in part b) and i used the wrong one but with the right working out, and he gave me 0.5 out of 4, and i was like wat did i wrong isn't it a carried on error u took 3.5 marks off, he was i had 5 lines of working u had 4
ahhh anyways too late now . :(

m.jakaran

HSC
Last year in my maths class, there was a kid with a mental condition who constantly pestered the teacher. He was pretty smart though and he would come around 10th because the teacher just hated him, except by the end of that day he would have scabbed 15-20 percent and would be coming at least third. This happened 6 times lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)