• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Scabing marks :) (its okey for the HSC lol) (1 Viewer)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
lol im in teh process of scabbing atm in eco. The teahcer's taken my test paper home to look over 3-4 marks. I've already received 1 :)

Oh and for english, because of my neglible handwriting, i got circles over some of my techniques in the reading task of AOS so i might get some marks if i can persuade that what was circled was worth a mark :)
You're lucky, our teacher just read our response and gave us a mark out of fifteen for each section. we were lucky to get a tick on the corner of each page.

fucking chester hill high

madsam

God among men
HSC
i was on 98% for 3unit maths, got two marks wrong, and i pointed out to the teacher that one of the questions i got wrong didnt ask for an answer in "exact" form, and i gave an estimate (to 4 or 5 dec places) and so they accepted it =] 99% woo, except, i still only came 3rd in the grade =\ and i scabbed an extra one in mx2 to go from 49% to 52% and passed =D

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
I got an extra five marks when I noticed a few mistakes in my 2 unit paper. And an extra four from my ext.1 paper. Not so lucky with biology, if i got an extra one mark i wouldve net myself an 100 (if, somehow, I changed that "Y" to a "U").

Listen to this dude. I hate it when people whine for more marks. You ought to only argue against marking if you truly believe its wrong, not cause you want more marks.
In schools like James Ruse, the difference in a majority of the ranks are only by decimal points. It's only normal for dp to 'scab' more marks as usually it's the one mark that can change your rank from tenth to first.

RocKetBoy

HSC
i got dethroned from 1st to 2nd cos person who previously came 2nd didun get a page marked..lol

buh i don't have a problem with people scabbing, increases competitiveness hence i still benefit either way.

also yeh if ur answer was right and u are marked wrong...then u deserve that mark and u have every right to obtain it.

dp624

HSC
In schools like James Ruse, the difference in a majority of the ranks are only by decimal points. It's only normal for dp to 'scab' more marks as usually it's the one mark that can change your rank from tenth to first.
no way is 1 mark from 10th to first
near the outliers, the marks are more spread apart
in the middle, 1 mark might mean a few ranks
but not near the bottom/top

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Lol I got 7/15 for English. Apparently it was marked by two teachers as well. I went to one of the teachers that marked it and asked to get it remarked. That bitch started reading the crappiest lines from my essay aloud to other teachers, (but even the other teachers were surprised that I only got a 7). Kept saying I needed to simplify my essay. Then she started yelling "I'M THE TEACHER, I'M THE ONE WHO FINISHED THE TEACHING COURSE, YOU CAN'T COME TO ME SAYING CAN I GET THIS REMARKED BLAHBLAH" so I raged and yelled "ALRIGHT I'M FUCKING SORRY, at least give me some fucking constructive criticism instead of just saying it's shit. I'll fucking dumb it down next time to suit your fucking marking criteria."

And then she was like "Calm down, alright I'll get it remarked if you want it that badly by 3 teachers."

Moral of the story: Swearing and being angry works.

(Haven't got it back yet)

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
no way is 1 mark from 10th to first
near the outliers, the marks are more spread apart
in the middle, 1 mark might mean a few ranks
but not near the bottom/top
Sorry, I guess i shouldn't believe all those exaggerations I hear about James Ruse.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Lol I got 7/15 for English. Apparently it was marked by two teachers as well. I went to one of the teachers that marked it and asked to get it remarked. That bitch started reading the crappiest lines from my essay aloud to other teachers, (but even the other teachers were surprised that I only got a 7). Kept saying I needed to simplify my essay. Then she started yelling "I'M THE TEACHER, I'M THE ONE WHO FINISHED THE TEACHING COURSE, YOU CAN'T COME TO ME SAYING CAN I GET THIS REMARKED BLAHBLAH" so I raged and yelled "ALRIGHT I'M FUCKING SORRY, at least give me some fucking constructive criticism instead of just saying it's shit. I'll fucking dumb it down next time to suit your fucking marking criteria."

And then she was like "Calm down, alright I'll get it remarked if you want it that badly by 3 teachers."

Moral of the story: Swearing and being angry works.

(Haven't got it back yet)
Lol, this is a joke right?

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
I don't really like doing it because I feel like I'm grabbing for marks, like I'm being unfair, even if I know I'm right and there's a clear mistake. But in my 3U Maths half-yearly my teacher didn't mark a whole page, so I felt justified in getting it re-checked. Moved from equal first to outright first, so it worked out well for me.

There's a girl in this same class who will absolutely always complain about the marking and try to get extra marks. Some of the time she's right but the way she does it (I sit next to her and on one occasion she grabbed my paper out of my hands and tried to convince the teacher that I should have a mark deducted, which would have meant she'd have tied me for first) is completely rude. I think the thought of looking like her is the reason why most of the rest of us are so reluctant to bring up any issues, at least in front of everybody else.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't really like doing it because I feel like I'm grabbing for marks, like I'm being unfair, even if I know I'm right and there's a clear mistake. But in my 3U Maths half-yearly my teacher didn't mark a whole page, so I felt justified in getting it re-checked. Moved from equal first to outright first, so it worked out well for me.

There's a girl in this same class who will absolutely always complain about the marking and try to get extra marks. Some of the time she's right but the way she does it (I sit next to her and on one occasion she grabbed my paper out of my hands and tried to convince the teacher that I should have a mark deducted, which would have meant she'd have tied me for first) is completely rude. I think the thought of looking like her is the reason why most of the rest of us are so reluctant to bring up any issues, at least in front of everybody else.
We have a girl like that at our school, every single test she will try and get extra marks, suck up to teachers... even try and get help during the effing exam... But that wont help her in the actual hsc will it?

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Since yr 12 scabbing marks has become really hard, teachers are becoming more reluctant, and its too much effort if it doenst do anything, but theres always opportunities in our phys class to get extra marks, since our teacher cant mark and add up marks properly most of the time :mad1:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Since yr 12 scabbing marks has become really hard, teachers are becoming more reluctant, and its too much effort if it doenst do anything, but theres always opportunities in our phys class to get extra marks, since our teacher cant mark and add up marks properly most of the time :mad1:
What a physics teacher, does he teach alrite? LOL!

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
What a physics teacher, does he teach alrite? LOL!
lol nup, he even admits at the beginning that he cant mark properly and then everyone starts ravaging through their paper looking for lost marks :)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Lol, this is a joke right?
Lol nup :haha:

Scenario: It's the end of the year, you've got your results for trials and everything. You beat this guy that you barely know by less than 1% in total (assume it's for Maths or something), placing you first. Now the guy comes up to you with his test and points to a question and asks whether or not he should try to get an extra mark or so.
You see it and you're absolutely certain that he should've gotten the mark. He doesn't seem to be too certain though. If he gets the mark, you lose your first place ranking and come second.

What do you do?

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
Its pretty hard to scab, i only go when i know i m right. I got 1/2 mark in my eco paper, when i though i deserved more for the answer. I was on 79.44%, and i really wanted 80% to achieve my aim. Lucky the teacher gave me, but my rank still is 2/11 :(.

dp624

HSC
Lol nup :haha:

Scenario: It's the end of the year, you've got your results for trials and everything. You beat this guy that you barely know by less than 1% in total (assume it's for Maths or something), placing you first. Now the guy comes up to you with his test and points to a question and asks whether or not he should try to get an extra mark or so.
You see it and you're absolutely certain that he should've gotten the mark. He doesn't seem to be too certain though. If he gets the mark, you lose your first place ranking and come second.

What do you do?
tell him i dno
then you're not doing anything

ibrian

HSC
lol the worse is comparing a question you got wrong but your friend got right..u feel like shit when youre in the situation where you're actually wrong and making your friend lose marks instead haha!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)