SC Geography test qestion (1 Viewer)

mc1007

HSC
The extended response questions can be anything from the syllabus under the two geography topics studied in year 10. These are:

- Issues in Australian Environments
- Australia in its regional and global context

Have a look at the syllabus at these two topics to look what you will study throughout year 10 and what exactly you may be asked.

Flying_Penis

Banned
HSC
What the hell is geography?
Does anyone do that subject these days lol?

muzeikchun852

HSC
回覆: SC Geography test qestion

last year they have the extended response on human right if I remembered right. that was very unexpected and just check out the syllabus and see which one will be most likely to be in the extended response.

Last edited:

zxreth

HSC
Re: 回覆: SC Geography test qestion

last year they have the extended response on human right if I remembered right. that was very unexpected and just check out the syllabus and see which one will be most likely to be in the extended response.
+1 fucked that one up so hard.

party

HSC

its wasnt that bad the human rights part, but yes it was unpredictable

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC

+1 fucked that one up so hard.
+30 for everybody in my geo class last year.:burn:

acemusic415

HSC

+30 for everybody in my geo class last year.:burn:
+25 for my Geography Class, maybe + 212 for my entire grade LOL! That question was so unexpected, we all expected it to be like something from Australia in its Regional and Global Context etc. I just bullcrapped that entire section talking about immigrants failing to see a fair trial according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, coz they are thrown into to rot in a detention centre. Can't remember what I wrote though, unexpected I must say.

acemusic415

HSC
are u guys sure the extended response questions is just from
Yr 10 topics...?
what about the 2 Yr 9 topics?
is it still counted in?
It should only be Year 10 Topics. A School Certificate Revision (Excel) Study Guide should have everything for you.

ATAR_boy

HSC
It should only be Year 10 Topics. A School Certificate Revision (Excel) Study Guide should have everything for you.
Yes. I doubt they ever consider Year 9 topics for the SC exam. And Dw, Year 10 is meant to be your last 'stress-free' year of high school.
If I can remember, I didn't study for SC Geo/History and got 97 in both :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
who gives a crap, it's SC AND it's Geography.

Study if you wish, but don't stress out too much. :)

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC

While it was unexpected, I still managed to bullshit my way through it, 88 not bad overall for Geography.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It can vary, could be something from the first major unit of study about Issues In Australian Environments (like air pollution, soil degradation, spatial inequality and all that stuff) or from the second major unit of study about Austra and it's Regional and Global Context (something about the links about foreign aid, trade, migration etc., a question about human rights).

But seriously, it's pretty easy to bulk up an answer. Like e.g for aid you can go on about the different types, the costs and benefits, the government agency AUSaid, NGO's, what areas the aid can improve like health and education, throw in something about active citizenship and some terms and you're sweet.

I'm just about to switch into History and I'll probably have to do more work in History than Geography. I came an easy convincing first in Geography. Just look at the past papers. But I bet in History already, the long response will msot likely be on Vietnam or the 50's or something.

pgreen1

HSC
I got a whole heaps of past papers of the BOS website, these are a great way to improve your skills, get your teacher to mark them, but be sure to obey all the time limits and do it in silence without any distractions!!

Goodluck, im doing the SC this year aswell! Lets hope it is too hard!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)