Sample Economics Essays (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by aLeeOh!
haha.... implying that your content sux???lol.jkz...
just wondering minai, how did you go in eco in your hsc?..
lol..maybe!

well, I did alright...91 HSC mark

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by sp0radic
can u use like G and increase in D, then talk about X and M and stuff??

CAD?
yes. its perfectly acceptable, as long as u dont make up ur own acronyms.....

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
minai thats insane, how the hell do u manage to write that much in an essay, thats been a weak point in my essay writing, the amount of content.......

thankz BTW

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, it takes practice
you have to train yourself to write really fast under exam conditions
if you're a slow writer, try to write as much as you can in say, 50 mins, set incremental goals

mraverage

aim for 3 booklets for each question.... or 4 if u can push it... depends on your writing size (i had fairly big writing)

C

CaR

hi...does anyone have any tips for stimulus essays?
i tend not to do so well in those..@.@

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
mraverage said:
aim for 3 booklets for each question.... or 4 if u can push it... depends on your writing size (i had fairly big writing)
3.... booklets? u mean for one essay?

aditya

HSC
how many words do u think minai? in 50minutes would get u a 20/20? and what else do they look for in 20s that makes them stand out from the crowd? statistics? relevent statistics? latest issues? what???

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
aditya said:
how many words do u think minai? in 50minutes would get u a 20/20? and what else do they look for in 20s that makes them stand out from the crowd? statistics? relevent statistics? latest issues? what???
words? I have no idea...they always tell you "quality not quantity", but in these essays, I think quantity is pretty proportional to quality, because there's just so much to write about. as mraverage said, try to aim for 2-3 booklets, being realistic (each booklet is 8 pages right?) but the pages have large spaced lines, so a normal 4-5 page essay on A4 loose leaf would be about 14 pages in an exam booklet

about what they look for for 20's...I've never got 20/20 for an economics essay, only 18's and 19's, but I guess its the relevance of your info and structure of your argument that seperates you from the rest...the ability to write what's relevant is pretty hard
also, check the standards packages for exemplar responses, I gues that sshould tell you a lot

Ryan_Kill

i cant comprehend writing 32 pages for an extended response under exam conditions....:(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
no worries, I think we need more samples though, especially from those that got over 95 for eco last year

anyway, about the general inflation one...I probably did one, but I dont have them anymore (everything I thought was keep worthy, I scanned)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)