Same-Sex Marriage (1 Viewer)

Are you for or against same-sex marriage?

• Total voters

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
If we're going to take what is in Leviticus or what other Old Testament books about living life as the sole indicator to what Christians believe... you're doing it wrong.
anti homo message also in romans bro

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
If we're going to take what is in Leviticus or what other Old Testament books about living life as the sole indicator to what Christians believe... you're doing it wrong.
Why'd they put Leviticus in there if they ignore it all?

cosmomatthews

HSC
As far as I see it, the only valid argument that a person could have against same-sex marriage is that under definition 'marriage' is between a man and a woman, so same-sex marriage is impossible. However, the law is created in the first place to reflect society's values and opinions, which are obviously changing on this subject, so in the end there really is no valid argument against it. And as for people 'getting bullied for have 2 dads or 2 mums', I guess it depends on where you live, but nothing like that would ever happen where I live in Sydney. I have a few friends who's parents have re-married the same sex or they've been adopted, and we love them and their parents just the same. A persons sexuality shouldn't even enter the equation as far as I'm concerned.

LonelyWolf

HSC
As far as I see it, the only valid argument that a person could have against same-sex marriage is that under definition 'marriage' is between a man and a woman, so same-sex marriage is impossible. However, the law is created in the first place to reflect society's values and opinions, which are obviously changing on this subject, so in the end there really is no valid argument against it. And as for people 'getting bullied for have 2 dads or 2 mums', I guess it depends on where you live, but nothing like that would ever happen where I live in Sydney. I have a few friends who's parents have re-married the same sex or they've been adopted, and we love them and their parents just the same. A persons sexuality shouldn't even enter the equation as far as I'm concerned.
argument against gays having children: its unnatural / immoral

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, my religion teacher said the whole unnatural thing, but she said that their relationship was natural and hence gay marriage should be allowed, especially in church.
I was le confused.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Homosexuality has been discovered in over 4000 species. Homophobia is only evident in one. Which seems unnatural now?

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
If they use their spit as lube it's natural.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Why'd they put Leviticus in there if they ignore it all?
Go and ask a priest.

Something to do with Jesus making the old law obsolete and creating the Great Commission I think it's called.

boris

Banned
HSC
gods teachings not acceptable in civilised society
ignore teachings

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Go and ask a priest.

Something to do with Jesus making the old law obsolete and creating the Great Commission I think it's called.
*Incorrect buzzer noise*
Paul of Tarsus said that the teachings of the Torah were covered by Christ and all that shit.
But he's the same guy that was for women in the Church and then wrote "let them ask their husbands at home; for it is a shame for women to speak in the Church" in Corinthians.

Garygaz

HSC
i still don't get this debate. do i support gays/lesbians getting full recognition, tax benefits and the other legal benefits of being married? yes.

however, i don't support it being called a 'marriage'. the simple fact is that marriage has been the term that has denoted a bond between a man and a woman for thousands of years. as much as i think religious people are bat shit insane, the word marriage has large religious connotations and a lot of tradition to it. if you gave gays/lesbians all of the rights i mentioned above, yet just called it a 'civil union' or whatever, what's the difference? i don't go around and whinge that i can't be classified as a negro, it's because i'm not, i don't fit the definition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)