• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Same-Sex Marriage (1 Viewer)

Are you for or against same-sex marriage?

• Total voters

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
why does it matter if it is an inane trait from birth or not

and you didn't answer who will marry them
I was just pointing out that 'it is' an innate trait
It can't be otherwise

and it was just in reference to my point before that it is 'chemically unorthodox'

(sometimes good to have an opinion that goes beyond the surface of "is homosexuality right or wrong? ANSWER ME")

I don't understand what point your trying to make (if there is any being made)

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
what does it matter if it is an inane trait or not, why does that even matter

why should someone not be allowed to marry a dude just because he wants to

and you still haven't answered who's going to marry the homosexuals

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
lol..
im beginning to think there is only one person responding here, besides myself,

definitely has a massive inferioritycomplex

same responses, no intelligent reasoning besides "your retarded"

gosh, going to do everything to preserve my IQ

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I hardly care for the idea, nor status of marriage. It's a nice thing in my mind to commit to someone for a lifetime (etc.). I support the cause simply for the legal rights available to gay/same-sex couples if they were to marry rather than living de-facto. If someone wishes to marry, they should be allowed. This said, marriage is often considered a religious institution and since I'm rather irreligious I sometimes fail to see why many people strive to enter a religious institution (although if it's simply for commitment/legal reasons then it's all sweet).

Should already be legal here.

boris

Banned
HSC
lol..
im beginning to think there is only one person responding here, besides myself,

definitely has a massive inferioritycomplex

same responses, no intelligent reasoning besides "your retarded"

gosh, going to do everything to preserve my IQ
i shouldnt have to point out what exactly was retarded in the quoted text
but i will

so you are suggesting that sexuality is programmed at birth, right? sure cool, fair enough.

how does this change anything? that literally just means that if someone gets to a certain stage in their life and decides they actually want to fuck men instead of women, that they are actually just bisexual and have been the whole time. so it changes nothing in regards to this argument.

the other thing that you said, that leads me to conclude that you have down syndrome, is that being sexually attracted to your own sex is "chemically unorthodox" (you then explained that you meant unnatural). but then you go on the say that it is ok if someone is born with an attraction to the opposite sex

do you understand what is retarded about those series of contradictory statements?

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
i shouldnt have to point out what exactly was retarded in the quoted text
but i will

so you are suggesting that sexuality is programmed at birth, right? sure cool, fair enough.

how does this change anything? that literally just means that if someone gets to a certain stage in their life and decides they actually want to fuck men instead of women, that they are actually just bisexual and have been the whole time. so it changes nothing in regards to this argument.

the other thing that you said, that leads me to conclude that you have down syndrome, is that being sexually attracted to your own sex is "chemically unorthodox" (you then explained that you meant unnatural). but then you go on the say that it is ok if someone is born with an attraction to the opposite sex

do you understand what is retarded about those series of contradictory statements?

wow

christ whats it with u people and not reading properly?

1. That is what I said to Lolsmith's hypothetical scenario...
Whether your bisexual or homosexual or lesbian it doesnt matter... i never did say that being any one of those variations were different from the other..
and no, if you were born straight... you wouldnt feel the random need to fuck a different sex at some point in your life

2. Yes, that is my opinion which is in no way contradictory (again, you must be really stupid). If, as a general consensus, people are largely born with two legs to walk with... and a child is then born with one, would you not say that his conditions are unnatural

We have been intended to be attracted to the OPPOSITE sex for PROCREATION
there is a reason why two gays and two lesbians can NOT make a child

there is a reason why we are given 2 LEGS and NOT 1 to walk with

that is my view which did not contradict what i said

(im not saying it should be the view of everyone but that it is MY VIEW. Your point on it being a contradiction to what i prev sed is just dumb.)

anyway intellectual conversations cant be had around this forum

Last edited by a moderator:

boris

Banned
HSC
so you are saying that homosexuality is a disease ok glad we cleared that up

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Cease the personal comments/insinuations or you'll be infracted and posts removed.

boris

Banned
HSC
surely if homosexuality was a disease like you are saying then efforts should be made to cure it/prevent it?

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
surely if homosexuality was a disease like you are saying then efforts should be made to cure it/prevent it?
thats implying that you don't accept differences

you wouldnt go up to a person born aesthetically different and say "we need to CURE YOU"

you would acknowledge that his features deviate from the norm but would attempt to make society facilitate his needs

hence why i sed i support gay rights whilst acknowleding that it deviates from our innate natural structure

anyway ill just leave it at that

i think ive shared my perspective enough

and imo its pretty fair

Last edited:

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
innate natural structure
mate i dont plan my essay b4 i write it 2 u

ur not worth the time

if the only response you have is a derisive one

it just shows that u cant mentally handle a debate and are too stubborn to concede

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
the only point of yours that i was contending was your contradictory statements regarding the nature of homosexuality
which you explain
you believe that homosexuality is a disease ok now your posts make sense

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
the only point of yours that i was contending was your contradictory statements regarding the nature of homosexuality
which you explain
you believe that homosexuality is a disease ok now your posts make sense
that was your deduction
must be your mindframe

dont worry brah, political correctness wont bite

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
air conditioning is climatically unorthodox

fair enough if you buy a house that already has air conditioning, but installing it would just be a crime against nature

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
My two cents

keep in mind I'm an atheist however i do believe in religious freedom

the government should not be able to force any church, that says that marriage cannot be between two men or two women, to change.

the homosexual community at large has rejected the idea of a 'civil union' because all they really want, is stick it the churches and get their Christian, Muslim, Hindu etc etc etc etc etc marriage

An equivalent would be the government legislating that Jesus did not walk on water or some shit

Thus if gay people want to marry for whatever reason find a secular way of doing it or a religion that permits it if your so fucking desperate, because you have no right in forcing a religion to change just so you can walk down the aisle of a church and be married by some priest dude.

if however the followers of the religion reach a consensus and hypocritically changes its position to get with the times, like they do on certain issues every couple of hundred years, than that's ok too
Yeah, funny thing though, (most) churches also hold that marriage is for life - the law doesn't - we don't force churches to re-marry people who have been divorced, but we allow it to happen and still call it a marriage - and the difference is.......

I have no qualms about returning marriage to the church, but it should be done absolutely and in whole so that a marriage confers no legal rights to a couple - it would just be a religious ceremony - only a legal civil union (for same sex and opposite sex alike) would confer the legal status.

There is no logical argument against this model.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Innate Traits.
Chemically Unorthodox.
Born straight, must stay straight.

Clearly someones failing Bio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)