salts affect on plants? (1 Viewer)

chumbumm. =D

HSC
im doing a science experiment to test the affects of salt on plants.
i know that the salt will harm the plant, but i want to know how much salt is too much salt. i don't want the plants to just die straight away after watering them with salt water. i want to be able to see the gradual changes done to the plant because of the salt.
i need to use 100ml of water per plant, so how much salt should i mix in with the water?

thanks.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
im doing a science experiment to test the affects of salt on plants.
i know that the salt will harm the plant, but i want to know how much salt is too much salt. i don't want the plants to just die straight away after watering them with salt water. i want to be able to see the gradual changes done to the plant because of the salt.
i need to use 100ml of water per plant, so how much salt should i mix in with the water?

thanks.
Amount of salts that are harmful to the plants are all relative. It's due to action of osmosis caused by salt imbalance that causes plants to die.

So I suggest you to start with the smallest amount...I don't really know how much that should be...perhaps 5 grams?

HSC
hey i have that bio. exp. as well as an assessment task. I heard that alfalfa seeds are faster growing and was wondering if anyone knew if that was true and approximately how long they take to germinate. Apparently they are faster growing than cress seeds. thanx =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)