Safari 4 (1 Viewer)

ami8000

HSC
Hey guys,
Is anyone using Safari 4?
Its proclaimed to be the worlds fastest browser.
If you guys are using it, rate it, coz i am happy with Firefox but i heard Safari rips it.

Cheers,
Ami

sunny

meh.
HSC
Hey guys,
Is anyone using Safari 4?
Its proclaimed to be the worlds fastest browser.
If you guys are using it, rate it, coz i am happy with Firefox but i heard Safari rips it.

Cheers,
Ami
It does feel a wee bit faster loading pages, but just from browsing and loading pages, it doesn't feel like that massive a difference.

For work though I'm doing a GWT based site, and that feels faster on Safari.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
It is probably 2 or 3 times faster then Firefox in JavaScript speed, and faster in most other areas, too.

The thing is, Firefox is about 4 times faster than IE, so Firefox is already pretty damn fast. At this point you should be chosing browsers (Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Safari) based on their features, stability, and security. I'd say they're all pretty much even, but Firefox has ad block and flash block, giving it a big edge. Firefox and Chrome also have a "re-open old tabs feature" with Firefox's being slightly better - I use these a lot.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The way it caches pages is retarded if you're using forums, and half the time when you try to refresh it refuses to and just displays a blank page.

ami8000

HSC
chrome is meant to be 2nd fastest going around.
But since most you guys reckon its faster...Safari it is

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
safari is way better then what it used to be it is now presenting websites properly, and man it is quick. However i still prefer firefox

soho

HSC
The way it caches pages is retarded if you're using forums, and half the time when you try to refresh it refuses to and just displays a blank page.
This.

Additionally, the way that Top Sites lists every fucking page that you've visited more than once shits me.

Not to mention it can't handle animated .gif files for shit. Rainbow wheels every fucking time.

Otherwise 4.0.2 is sexy.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
its alright, but i still use firefox, can't say bye to all those add-ons :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)