Ruse (1 Viewer)

Wohzazz

HSC
I don't go there but i heard they occasionally get successful past HSC students visits and workshops
The teachers are dedicated to help the students learn
They have a huge library open practically all the time during school and little before and after school
great learning environment!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by mazza_728
Whats so great bout ruse?
depending what you mean.
why they get good marks? (theyare selective. they are the top selective. meaning that out of all the selective schools, people put them as first and they get the students which are the best of the best. there would be something wrong if they didn't top the hsc every year, very wrong)

why people always talk about them? (the only reason i have for that is marks, not a balanced schooling)

i can't think of anything else

Winston

HSC
nothing's good about them, they just have a big fat stack of students who are extremely naturally smart, its not how they teach, they just accept smart students only, i mean they're lowest student in the school is probably about smarter than alot of people lol.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
i wonder if anyone does general maths or standard english.. o_0
hmm they probably don't have gen maths or standard english.... most selective schools don't :p
[my friend who went to NSB didn't even know general maths existed lol]

Huy

HSC
N/A
They had an average UAI of 99.35 - if I read correctly.
I don't think so.

All I keep seeing is English (Advanced), Extension 1's and Mathematics.

Widana-Pathirana, Shanthi
James Ruse Agricultural High School
Biology, Chemistry, English (Advanced), English Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2, Modern History

13 units, Band 6. :eek:

I take my hat off to this guy (or girl).

Winston

HSC
Nah i know that some schools just don't offer it, at Sydney Boys i remember someone telling me, they only offer 2 Unit Maths and 2 Unit Advanced English as the lowest course in the Maths and English parts.

Rorix

HSC
The lowest Ruse goes in Maths and English are 2u maths and advanced english.

And it gets good marks due to having the smartest people in yr7, little to do with the actual teachers in my opinion.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yeah my frind went there last year, and she did 2 unit maths and the class only had like 10 people in it. she was a 'Failure' getting around 96 for her UAI.

spice girl

magic mirror
but its amazing what 6 years at ruse can do to u.... one of the main things is forgetting what ppl in the real world are like

i guess one main factor is the competitive environment...with so many other so-called-smart ppl around, u don't want to be seen as stupid...

i think most ppl are satisfied if they are above average in the subjects they are good at. there are about ummm.... about 5-10 study freaks (out of a grade of 180), but the rest of us label them as such anyway... i assume that is the case with any other normal school...

picaresque

HSC
Originally posted by MAD MAXI
yeah but they are all asian or indian
Which proves...what?

-

Ruse is all about competition and ambition. But if you enter the school having been one of the smartest kids in primary and end up mediocre whilst everyone tells you that 'wow you're in Ruse, that means you'd kick ass at any other school' - I think that results in a large population of either dissappointed students or students who are pretty complacent.

Last edited:

Rorix

HSC
The only way in which Ruse helps over any other school imo is providing competition so the students don't get complacent and actually put some effort in.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
there would be something wrong if they did

ruse is selective, it selects it's students. it is the highest selective school. therefore, from day 1 year 7 it has the best students in the state.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
there would be something wrong if they did

ruse is selective, it selects it's students. it is the highest selective school. therefore, from day 1 year 7 it has the best students in the state.
yeah, so its no suprising that they always come first, coz they skim/steal all the top students from around the state!

MoNNiE

HSC
umm.. ruse people actually are pretty normal..
there are just only a selected few which are like study maniacs
the rest..are rather funny.. and kinda rebellious.. (well my friend is )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)