Rumour... maybe? (1 Viewer)

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
I heard that if you score consistently well at school but completely flunk out during your HSC exams your marks doesn't get taken, but you get the marks that's highest instead. The person that actually got that mark moves one down and etc...

Is this true, or just another one of those rumors again?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I heard that if you score consistently well at school but completely flunk out during your HSC exams your marks doesn't get taken, but you get the marks that's highest instead. The person that actually got that mark moves one down and etc...

Is this true, or just another one of those rumors again?
SO... you do well internally, but bad externally, yes, you get a good internal mark, but you keep your shit external mark, so overall your mark will be averaged out and then you'll get an average shit mark.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Well if you screw up the external hsc exams, then yes, you are screwed.

Gigacube

HSC
Your ranks stay the same for internal marks. You don't get the internal marks but the gap between each stays the same. Your internal marks are dependent on your external marks.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Ok... about another rumor thing. They say that if you're in a crap school (low ranking or whatever) and your rank within that school is anything below 2nd, then it doesn't really help with your ATAR

Gigacube

HSC
Ok... about another rumor thing. They say that if you're in a crap school (low ranking or whatever) and your rank within that school is anything below 2nd, then it doesn't really help with your ATAR
It depends on the gaps between the marks. I would consider a school of rank 600+ low ranking.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
It depends on the gaps between the marks. I would consider a school of rank 600+ low ranking.
The mark between your HSC result and other schools or marks from your school in general?

Alkanes

HSC
Yes dumb people in dumb school can drag your marks down. That is indeed true.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Yes dumb people in dumb school can drag your marks down. That is indeed true.

Definitely heard of that one.. but didn't they say that if you're first or something then you're ok? Like it won't drag you down as much as oppose to second or something. (yea I know, I"m full of rumors)

Alkanes

HSC
Yes pretty much if you're top ranked for everything nothing can affect you in in terms of people dragging your mark down. You're in the highest position of power.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Okay, what are your current ranks? By letting us know we can tell you what to improve on.
English - 1/14
Maths - 6/29
Math extension - 3/4 (yea completely failed)
Biology - 4/25
Chem - 2/19
Physics - 1/11

Alkanes

HSC
Well look your doing pretty much everything close to top notch except for the maths. I suggest some improvement for maths in terms of rankings especially for 2U, you want to try and stay at the top as close as possible.

Gigacube

HSC
English - 1/14
Maths - 6/29
Math extension - 3/4 (yea completely failed)
Biology - 4/25
Chem - 2/19
Physics - 1/11
Those are great ranks. Try & work on maths + extension a bit more. Aim for the top 3 in maths & top 2 in extension.
You may want to try and improve in bio too but make maths your first preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)