Rules for Staff (1 Viewer)

HSC
CieL said:
Well honestly it's rare that I let her do those things.
It's like once in a blue moon when she asks.

Is there something wrong with letting her take a smoko once every few months?
Bumming around is bound to happen every shift. There is only so much to do if it is quiet.

I don't know how other supervisors treat her.
Fair enough, sounds like she's pretty much generally lazy. But I'm surpised that she thinks she can get away from wandering away from the checkout area, at my store thats such a foreign concept lol.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Dominos -

Um, I know it's your busy period and everything, but at the very least if I've waited almost an hour and a half for a delivery (and the store is like a 2min drive from my house) you could make sure it arrives hot. I didn't really appreciate having to stick it in the oven for 10 minutes to render it edible :s

Bleh. lol

HSC
Target -

If a customer has a query about a department that you DON'T work in, it is not appropriate to walk away, simply saying "I don't work in Toys". Its not as though you wear badges specifying your department, and at the very least you could have found someone who does work in toys.

mitch179

HSC
babikakez said:
Target -

If a customer has a query about a department that you DON'T work in, it is not appropriate to walk away, simply saying "I don't work in Toys". Its not as though you wear badges specifying your department, and at the very least you could have found someone who does work in toys.
You get that?
I work at Target and at my store, we're trained to know all departments. So if I'm in electrical and someone needs help in Toys or Sporting or something, we are able to help.

It's always handy to know stuff like that because when you've got a newbie in a department that you are used to working, then it's good, like today for example, when I was put in manchester and the newbie was put in electrical which is the department I mainly work. So every now and then he'd be coming down asking me stuff. It was sort of inconvenient for myself though because I struggled to get all my work done on time.

HSC
Ummmmm
To even the shittest cashiers at Woolworths:
Don't fail your mode of sale assessment FIVE WEEKS IN A ROW
If it wasnt for the fact that we couldnt get any staff, you'd be fired. So don't exploit it.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i believe it runs along the lines of

1. Greet the customer in a friendly and polite manner
2. Ask if they have an Everyday Rewards or Staff Discount Card
3. Begin to scan items.
4. Total the transaction and arrange home delivery/parcel pickup as necescary.
5. Read the total out-loud to the customer
6. Take the tender, and ask if the customer requires cash out for EFTPOS transactions.
7. If there is change count it once out into your hand and then another time into the customers hand
8. Ask the customer if they have heard of the Woolworths Everyday Money Credit Card and provide a brochure if they havent.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
actually HELP the customer

say hello to them
ask if they need help
if so, help them. don't bitch and moan and whinge and not do anything
be polite.

fuck i hate useless sales assistants.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
-If people are dicks and cut in the line, your beer will be mostly head
-I didn't serve her first because she's hot, I served her first because it's really fucking busy and I just serve who's in front of me. Line up yourself, faggot.
-No, I can't give you a double and no, I'm not giving you "just one more" drink than I'm allowed. Got $5500? Lucky you, because I don't.
-I don't care if you're older than me, if you look under 25 show me your fucking license.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
wrong thread riet lol

you might be need the

'rules for customers one'

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
babikakez said:
Ummmmm
To even the shittest cashiers at Woolworths:
Don't fail your mode of sale assessment FIVE WEEKS IN A ROW
If it wasnt for the fact that we couldnt get any staff, you'd be fired. So don't exploit it.
LOL how do you fail that? I don't understand. I mean it seems like a lot of steps but it pretty much boils down to "Hi" --> scan shit --> bag it --> press some buttons --> change --> "see ya". :confused: after you've been doing it for five weeks it should be second nature...

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
rule for lollypop men on my way to school:

1. please be happy, or at least act happy while you're working.
2. DO NOT smoke while you're at the job. you're being a bad influence on the primary school kids that you have to work with.
3. DO NOT j-walk to get to your crossing area. bastards.
4. please, don't start stopping all the cars while the closest people are like 50m away, we don't want to have to run to the crossing so we don't hold up like 20 cars.
5. also, do not wait at the side of the road when there are 20 kids who want to cross, and also myself, otherwise i'll cross the bloody road and ignore your angry shouts, you stupid incompetent man.
6. DO NOT yell at your colleague because he is 37 seconds late. firstly, no one wants to listen to your yelling, secondly its really embarrassing for the poor guy getting yelled at and lastly, no one that stupid will yell at someone for being 37 seconds late!
7. DO NOT decide that you're going to talk to the guy who's gardening nearby while there are 10 kids who want to get across the road. you're being paid to do your job, NOW DO IT.

my little rant about stupid lollypop men.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
wow, that's a lot of rules for ex-doll bludgers. cut them some slack, at least they are getting off their asses and doing something.

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
LOL how do you fail that? I don't understand. I mean it seems like a lot of steps but it pretty much boils down to "Hi" --> scan shit --> bag it --> press some buttons --> change --> "see ya". :confused: after you've been doing it for five weeks it should be second nature...
No, you see, this particular cashier has been there almost a year. Its just that:
  • he doesn't speak to the customer AT ALL
  • his packing is atrocious
  • his scanning is unexcusably slow
  • he doesn't ask for everyday rewards cards
  • he doesn't tell the customer how much their shopping came to
  • he doesn't tell them how much change they're getting, let alone count it out to the customer.
Its basic things like that. You know when a mode of sale assessment is being conducted, supervisors make it really obvious. At least do SOME of the things required for that five minute period.

CieL

HSC
^ And that person is still employed after one year of shit performance?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
CieL said:
qft.

also, when you're sick. please don't talk right n my face / cough at me. I don't want to be sick.

HSC
CieL said:
I suspect that its because he has a decent availabilty and his mum works in the store. But he's been moved from perishables to grocery, and then from grocery to checkouts. But there's not really anywhere to go after checkouts.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)