Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
OMG this stupid Asian woman came through my register on Saturday (I'm not racist at all, but she was just a bitch) and she bought a belt and a handbag. Then when I was in the middle of serving someone after her, she comes up to me again and was like, "you take off tag! You cut off tag! I wear!" Naturally, I was like, wha? She wanted me to cut the tags of her belt so she could wear it. She didn't even say please or thankyou at all. Jesus Christ, "please" is a word common to all languages. She was so stupid.

Oh, and another rule =]:
Don't repeatedly ask me, "is that discounted?" while I'm scanning your items. I can do a quick x% off calculation in my head to check, so trust me when I say it's discounted. I'm not stupid. And so I don't waste EFTPOS paper, I'll print out a receipt AT THE END of the transaction to prove it to you, you bloody prat.

I'm young but not dumb, dammit!

nugget01

HSC
at the ice creamery i've worked at for 4 years, i hate it when people do/say:

(mainly overseas people, but not always)
would you like a plain or a waffle cone?
cone!
yeah, plain or waffle?
cone!
*i hold the cones up and ask which one*
ohh... no... ahhh cup cup!!!

Can i have a soft serve?
no sorry we don't have soft serve.
well what's that then?
it's a cream machine!
oh...
(like i'm lying to them??)

don't ask me for taste tests and then not purchase anything...

when we close at 10pm and you turn up 5 mins after and we let you in.... make up your minds quickly! i want to go home.

when people say "you must have big muscles from scopping ice cream all day"
does it look like i have big muscles? my arms are tiny.

can i have cookies n cream?
*i give them cookies n cream"
that's not cookies n cream!
yes it is.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
nugget01 said:
at the ice creamery i've worked at for 4 years, i hate it when people do/say:

(mainly overseas people, but not always)
would you like a plain or a waffle cone?
cone!
yeah, plain or waffle?
cone!
*i hold the cones up and ask which one*
ohh... no... ahhh cup cup!!!

Can i have a soft serve?
no sorry we don't have soft serve.
well what's that then?
it's a cream machine!
oh...
(like i'm lying to them??)

can i have cookies n cream?
*i give them cookies n cream"
that's not cookies n cream!
yes it is.
LOL tards.

nugget01

HSC
i'm not racist either...
but i work in a tourist-y town and a lot of the asians on holiday think its their god-given right to be served first. They push in front of people, waving money in my face while i'm serving other people... it's friggin' rude!
this doesn't really annoy me, but do all ethnic families argue over who's going to pay? they try and reach over the counter and wave their $100 notes violently at my face...

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, happens at Target. And my shopping centre is the biggest one on the Gold Coast, so we get a shitload of tourists.

Wish I could take their $100 bills and keep them for myself. Rich fucks.

nugget01

HSC
gcchick said:
Yeah, happens at Target. And my shopping centre is the biggest one on the Gold Coast, so we get a shitload of tourists.

yeah i know. too bad they can understand maths better than english.

mitch179

HSC
gcchick said:

Yep, fellow Target employee on the Gold Coast, I get it too!
You get certain foreign tourist who buy like $500 worth of clothing
(which is terribly annoying as you have to take off ALL THE HANGERS and remove any security tags on sets) and when you tell em the total, they just reach into their FRONT POCKET and they've got the cash for it. It's like pocket change to them, and after they've given you that money, they've still got a 10inch thick pile of $50 notes in their pocket.

HSC
At least you get notes, I always seem to get coins.

Last week I got to count $160 worth of groceries all paid for in 10c and 20c coins. Good times. The idiot employee who served her decided to tell me about half an hour after the customer came through, and he never even checked it.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
and did you know there is (or was, when i was still doing commerce in high school) a rule which says you can only pay for stuff 100 times the face value of the coins you are using to pay for? eg. with 20c coin pieces, the customer can only pay $20 worth of stuff. it is to prevent people from doing the very same thing you've mentioned. someone can research into this and proof me right or wrong.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Wish I knew about that rule before! At my old job, I had a shithead pay for a $21 dollar order in 5c pieces. And I made him sit there until I'd counted it all and until my manager had checked it was all good.

Stupid fuck deserved it.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I'm sure there is a limit to how many coins you can use in one transaction, can't find what it is though.

Even if there's no official limit it's still rude and annoying to pay $20+ in small change. If all you've got in your wallet is a million ten cent pieces you should just pay by eftpos and keep the change for things you're supposed to use it for - tips, bus tickets, those charity donation boxes they have on the counters of some places. Not groceries ffs.

HSC
wuddie I'm sure there is something like that. I might have said something to the customer except like I said I didn't find out till half an hour after the customer went through.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
gcchick said:
Wish I knew about that rule before! At my old job, I had a shithead pay for a $21 dollar order in 5c pieces. And I made him sit there until I'd counted it all and until my manager had checked it was all good.

Stupid fuck deserved it.
wouldn't be TOO bad.

21 stacks of 20 5 cent coins. lol

HSC
wuddie said:
and did you know there is (or was, when i was still doing commerce in high school) a rule which says you can only pay for stuff 100 times the face value of the coins you are using to pay for? eg. with 20c coin pieces, the customer can only pay $20 worth of stuff. it is to prevent people from doing the very same thing you've mentioned. someone can research into this and proof me right or wrong.
I have heard that too do not know how true it is

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
gcchick said:

Stupid fuck deserved it.
happened to me a few times. These buskers decided they wanted to buy 'as many VBs as possible' with their shrapnel. It's good making them wait while you count it.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Davo1111 said:
happened to me a few times. These buskers decided they wanted to buy 'as many VBs as possible' with their shrapnel. It's good making them wait while you count it.
then pretend to lose count. . and start over. hahahah

CieL

HSC
shinji said:
then pretend to lose count. . and start over. hahahah
I actually did lose count once.. one of the first times I was paid in shrap [5c-20c coins] during peak hour.. kinda panicked and forgot how many I had in my hand..

He then called me a "dumbshit".. Which I found offensive since he was a bogan..

I almost slammed everything down on the counter and wanted to walk away and not serve him.

HSC
What a wanker, I would have. Or just said you don't even HAVE to take all those coins but you decided to be nice, but now he can get fucked. But obviously not the fucked part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)