Rules for Customers (4 Viewers)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
nhoustonrocks said:
dear customers,
- after i tell you that there's no more white bread, don't get all angry and storm out of the shop. its not our fault that there's no more white bread left you whingey customer. god, do something good for you health and get a wholemeal sandwich.
- dont tell me you want a large size coffee AFTER i make the regular size coffee that you ordered.

damn, some customers freaking annoy me sometimes.
yeah it is

get more white bread!

CieL

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
lol, she didn't complain to staff, she just complained to me (and i told her to get over it). we did tell him and he was like, 'oh, but -insert daughter's name- wants to sit here'. but yeah, she was a bit of a spack about it, it's only a seat for crying out loud.
lol fair enough

Whenever my dad starts to say stupid things to staff I just say, "Shut up dad, stop embarrassing yourself", then drag him away.

HSC
Charizard said:
I'm not aware of any law that states if there is no EFTPOS a sign is legally required. And it also can cost small businesses and the like a lot more then 2 cents for EFTPOS. If it was that cheap don't you think everybody would have it ?

Most rational people would just ask before buying stuff.
no i mean a limit sign e.g. $10 dollar eftpos minimum not a no-eftpos sign

dir3

HSC
Bunnings: (sorry if already said)

1. Dont ask for my help/opinion and then claim I dont know what i'm talking about. why ask then?

2. Dont ask me to help you put a 3m table into your 2m car. It just makes you look stupid

3. Dont change your mind about what colour keys you want me to cut as the machine is screaming in my ear and the key is half way done. I'm not going to stop a spinning saw blade.

4. Dont blame me for being out of stock.

5. Dont let your kids break up styrofoam in my department.

6. Dont open boxes and then claim they are missing parts.

7. Dont get upset when I laugh when you tell me your heat gun started shooting fire.

8. If i'm carrying food I'm on my break, get lost

jirwin

HSC
Sorry if this has been said:

If you insist on tying plastic reusable environment bags into knots, dont just stand there watching me try to untie the knot, untie them yourself... you'll get out much quicker!

Also... don't tie them as soon as you unpack them... let them air... they smell....

CieL

HSC
FFS girl, open up your fucking eyes!

I was doing a general sweep of the front area when this approx 18yr old girl approaches me from the middle of the store and asks.. "excuse me, where are the baskets?".. and I point her to the entrance where we had two large stacks of baskets within 30cm of the entrance door.

2mins later: Same girl.. "excuse me, where are the hamburger buns?".. and I tell her it's right next to the bread on the far right of the display.

1min later: "Excuse me, where are your tinned beetroot?", and generally I'm pissed off by now.. and I said, "It's in the same aisle you just came from".. "Oh really??" Fek..

2mins later: She comes from another direction and with her back towards the coffee aisle.. "Excuse me.. where's the coffee? I thought it would be next to the biscuits..", and I said, "no.. you're standing right in front of the coffee aisle"

I don't mind if people ask harder questions like, where are the teatowels, where are the saucepans, where are the permanent markers, etc..

But when we have huge red signs dangling from the ceiling indicating aisle number and content it's ridiculous..
eg. 2 - BREAD, CANNED VEG
5 - COFFEE

CieL

HSC
When you hand me notes, I'd appreciate it if you didnt roll it up, so I'd have to waste time undoing the damn thing.. and also, don't scrunch them up in your wallet so it resembles some form of origami..

And don't give me coins with shit stains on them.

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
When you hand me notes, I'd appreciate it if you didnt roll it up, so I'd have to waste time undoing the damn thing.. and also, don't scrunch them up in your wallet so it resembles some form of origami..

And don't give me coins with shit stains on them.
Ew thats disgusting. hahaha shit stains. I would not except that if some one tried to give me coins with shit stains on them. I would either send them to a different register or tell them to go shop somewhere else. Seriously, some peop,e treat us cashiers like shit. Im sick and tired of customers putting their notes/coins on the bench instead of in my hand. My hand is clearly outrechead and infront of them, is it so hard to put it in my hand?

And another thing, when will these stupid customers learn how to swipe there eftpos. I rekon 7 out of 10 customers dont know how to swipe there card. There always swiping it the wrong way (sometimes they swipe it with the magnetic stip facing the wrong way, or they swipe it so that the short side of the card is swiping through...ive even had a customer trying to scan theres through.). Is it so hard to read the picture on the machine?

And when im on my break (and its pretty damn oblvious as im holding a maccas bag, and my drink) and walking to the tea room, dont ask me to check the back room for some item, and expect me to go do it for u. I will send u to go ask one of our grocery members to do it for u and apolagise because i am on my shitty 15 min break after 4 hours and 15 mins of robotic slave labour. And when i say this, dont mutter shit about bad customer service and that ur going to complain. There are really some stupid assholes in our society. I cant wait for the day when i tell coles, ill be quiting in 2 weeks or so, so when im doing my last shift, im going to abuse some of the customers i get so bad (well the ones that are dicks anyways).

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Lol. If any shopper asks me about an item, i just go on the pa:
" can a staff member of (groceries/perishables/produce) come to the back of aisle __ for customer assistance. Staff member of (groceries/perishables/produce) to the bak of aisle ___"

and then i tell the customer that it won't be too long.

and im guilty as charged with the eftpos thing. some other shops have it the other way around. so i get confused. lol

greekgun

HSC
shinji said:
Lol. If any shopper asks me about an item, i just go on the pa:
" can a staff member of (groceries/perishables/produce) come to the back of aisle __ for customer assistance. Staff member of (groceries/perishables/produce) to the bak of aisle ___"

and then i tell the customer that it won't be too long.

and im guilty as charged with the eftpos thing. some other shops have it the other way around. so i get confused. lol
haha ah well - fair enuf i guess...but some of my regular customers get it wrong every-god-damn-week.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
don't hit on checkout assistants unless you're like young and good looking

hate old men coming through calling me baby and telling me i shouldn't be doing this job i deserve better and they tell you how gorgeous they think you are. dead-set it's fucking creepy. it's part time and i still go to school you fuck.

except that there's this guy who looks like craig wing who always comes through after work. and he's always dressed in a suit. i wish he would call me baby and hit on me lol.

cupcake08

HSC
dir3 said:
1. Dont ask for my help/opinion and then claim I dont know what i'm talking about. why ask then?

8. If i'm carrying food I'm on my break, get lost

agreed.

9. to the size six, yes it was skim milk that i put in your cap, you're just paranoid.

Last edited:

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
housah0lic said:
don't hit on checkout assistants unless you're like young and good looking

hate old men coming through calling me baby and telling me i shouldn't be doing this job i deserve better and they tell you how gorgeous they think you are. dead-set it's fucking creepy. it's part time and i still go to school you fuck.

except that there's this guy who looks like craig wing who always comes through after work. and he's always dressed in a suit. i wish he would call me baby and hit on me lol.
"attention, attention"

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I have to say having worked a grand total of two shifts so far in a job that doesn't involve face to face customer interaction it is quite evident to me that nearly everything that causes someone to loathe their part time job is caused by said customers. Because I quite like my job so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)