Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Gah. I hate that. We'd always have people come and place an order even after all the lights were turned off and the coffee machine was being shut down/cleaned. Because we were an open kiosk and had no doors to shut people figured they could be served whenever they demanded.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
if people try come in late i just make up some bullshit and use the liquor act as an excuse such as "sorry, our licesnce forbids us to serve after XYZ, sorry, u dont want a fine do u"

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Serius said:
haha thats a funny one, you actually have had people pinch your behind? how disrespectful. I dont cheer but i might wink sometimes, especially if iam like talking to her.... waitresses[or whatever u want to call yourself] are cool cause they are usually outgoing people, so easy to flirt with, and more ofthen than not, young[meaning people older than myuself have no chance] and single.

yep, happened the other day, and my manager asked them to leave.
dont flirt with them, its not cute, its annoying. we arent being nice and bubbly to you because we like you-its cos its our job. more people try than youd think

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
i got another rULE for customers:

WHEN YOUR AT THE CHECKOUTS AND THE ITEM DOESNT SCAN OR COMES UP UNKNOWN DONT MAKE THE JOKE OF IT BEING FREE

ALSO JST BECOZ IM ON ONE SIDE OF THE COUNTER AND YOUR ON THE OTHER DOESNT MEAN I CANT REACH OVER AND BITCH SLAP YOU IF YOU PISS ME OFF

WHEN YOU FIGHT FOR PLACES DONT EXPECT ME TO AGREE WITH ANY OF YOU I SERVE WHO I PLEASE AND WHO HAS THEIR STUFF 1ST REGARDLESS

DONT ASK ME TO PUT YOUR CLEANING PRODUCTS WHICH IS ONLY TOOTHPASTE AND A SEALED TOOTHBRUSH IN A SEPERATE BAG FROM SEALED 2L COKES OF FEAR OF THE 'TOOTHPASTE" POISONING YOU AND WHEN I TELL YOU IM TRYING 2 SAVE ON PLASTIC BAGS YOU SAY I UNDERSTAND AND THEN INSIST I PUT THEM IN SEPERATE BAGS

WHEN I PACK A BAG FOR YOU DONT BE FUSSY OR PICKY AND REPACK IT OTHERWISE YOU MIGHT AS WELL COME BEHIND THE COUNTER N PACK IT URSELF SINCE U THINK YOU KNOW HOW TO PACK BETTER THEN ME WHEN I DO IT 24 FUCKING 7!

HSC
townie said:
if people try come in late i just make up some bullshit and use the liquor act as an excuse such as "sorry, our licesnce forbids us to serve after XYZ, sorry, u dont want a fine do u"
i just plainly tell them to fuck off..like really..
bloody drunks come up banging on the door, then when i tell them to piss off, they come around and try to get in from the back door...which is also locked:rofl:

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
when i arrive at your table to give you coffee...if you have spread an assortment of newspapers/magazines/assorted crap, could you have the decency to move some over so i can set the drinks down sometime? argh. i am a 50kg girl with limited arm strength and juggling your 6 flat whites (which spill easily)proves to be HEAVY. don't just look at me when i try to find a place to put them. grrr!

when you recieve your table number, it actually has a purpose. so the staff on the floor can actually bring you your drinks. if you take your number, and stroll into the nearby photography shop for 15 minutes, how do you expect to recireve your coffee? the coffee fairy?

ok, dumbfucks. dont come and whinge to me that your coffee is cold. the coffee is hot. the froth on top is not as hot, because froth doesent stay hot. the glass is not hot, because there is a cardboard cover around it to protect your precious fingers from burning. we heat the milk to a set temperature- as do all coffee shops,a dn if you like coffee extra hot, you have to ask us for it.

and for godsakes, if you come in when im hungover- fuck off and die, bastard.

HSC
dont complain if our wine is not cold enough. wine doesnt magically turn cold the second we put it in.

dont open up a whole new carton of beers just to take ONE. there are plently on the fukin shelves you blind cunt.

dont complain if i have to do the transaction again because you ignored me when i said "do you want anything else?", and now you want a lighter/fags.

please. please PLEASE dont ever use that "3 times and its free" joke. come up with something original or dont say anything at all.

dont reply "just those thanks" when i ask you how your day was, its bloody rude.

no, you dont get a discount because the drinks arent cold/are dented.

dont be a paper bag hog.

dont ask for a double bagging for your 2 wines.

dont friggin roll your trolley into our cool room. its small enough as it is

dont try and fool me with galaxy world token money

many, many more to come.
Oh...and thank you to the hot babes in bikinis that come in all the time. it would be my pleasure serving you. :)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
please, dont come in Sunday Afternoon for a case of XYZ and get shitty wen i say "we sold out" yes, u wanted some cause it was a good special, that gives u a clue, it's a GOOD SPECIAL, hence, we tend to run out, yes, we got about 3 cases of the wine u wanted on saturday, it sold out, cause it's a good special, SO DONT COME ON SUNDAY AND EXPECT THERE TO BE STUFF LEFT

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
townie said:
please, dont come in Sunday Afternoon for a case of XYZ and get shitty wen i say "we sold out" yes, u wanted some cause it was a good special, that gives u a clue, it's a GOOD SPECIAL, hence, we tend to run out, yes, we got about 3 cases of the wine u wanted on saturday, it sold out, cause it's a good special, SO DONT COME ON SUNDAY AND EXPECT THERE TO BE STUFF LEFT

oh that is annoying and the reason why i remind every customer at woolies liquor stores the new specials always start monday...so come in then and get all you want

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Please don't say to me "oh just pack them into my trolley for me thanks", because

a) noone is that lazy
b) you're likely to end up with a rockmelon "accidentally" placed on top of your loaf of bread.

Additionally, don't leave your trolley at the end of the conveyor belt, it gets in other customers way and we'll get in trouble of Gap Busters come in. There is a register not being used right next to you, just push it in there, and all will be good. Especially don't tell me "oh thats what you get paid for", because, OMG, actually, its not!

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
- the print under the huge "up to 50% off" signs reading "selected merchandise only" DOES exist. There is not 50% off the entire store - SELECTED MERCHANDISE ONLY.
- with gift cards, when I say "and I'll just need you to enter in your pin - <insert random numbers here>", don't stand there staring at me and say "pin? What pin? We didn't get any pin!" Just enter in the damn numbers. And if I get annoyed by your slowness and do it myself, don't huff and puff at me. I have other people to serve too.
- when you get to the registers and your stuff doesn't have any number at all on it, I’ll hunt down an APN for you, it happens, but saying "oh no, did we get something with no barcode?", or whinging, just annoys me.
- don't hit on me when I'm working, and then get offended and start swearing when I ignore you. It's not cool, and you're repulsive anyway.
- when someone has stuck a little incorrectly-priced sticker over the barcode, it's what it scans at if we've rung someone up and checked for you. I don't care that other stores have a "prices as marked" policy - we don't.
- attempting to steal a whole five dollars worth of stuff is pathetic.
- once the sale is completed, don't come back to me five minutes later complaining about the price. I can't do anything about it, go to the Courtesy Desk.
And last but not least:
- in footwear, PICK UP THE SHOES AND PUT THEM BACK ON THE RACK. You have no idea how hard it is scooting along the floor of footwear and pulling apart piles 5 shoes high.

Wow, that was a great rant. I feel much better now. :D

HSC
Next customer who asks if this is bunnings when I say "Bunnings rockdale, steve speaking" I will hang up on

edit: I had a customer today picked up some stock without a barcode, fair enough I went down too get a barcode and he walks with me and goes "*sigh* only at bunnings does this happen" - I replied with "bit hard too scan a product without a barcode don't you think einstien?" and he got the shits

Im more than happy too give angry customers a hard time, one goes "EXCUSE ME MATE IVE BEEN WAITING FOR 15 MINUTES" although I saw him walk into the store from the front 2 minutes ago, I go
me: "yes mate how can I help you" -
him: "I want this" -
me: "we don't have it [except for a the back where I won't get it for you]"
him: "Tell me someone who can say you do have it"
me: "keep sitting there for hte next week when the stock arrives"

all the customers laughed at him and he stormed out with the shits, everyone at my work says im very sharp witted with customers and I've had one ytell at me on the phone and I hang up on him, I yell back at customers and yet never get fired because It handles it too a point where he is too humiliated to try and make a stand

Last edited:

Sabbo

HSC
Casmira said:
all the customers laughed at him and he stormed out with the shits, everyone at my work says im very sharp witted with customers and I've had one ytell at me on the phone and I hang up on him, I yell back at customers and yet never get fired because It handles it too a point where he is too humilia
ted to try and make a stand
Haha that's gold. Wish I had the guts to do that.

I had some woman bring up two PC Games. One had a normal price with $8 on it and the other had a 9.88 clearance price label. It had pieces missing so it was clearly obvious it had been torn of somewhere else.

I look for the "9.88" game anyway but can't find it so she then asks if she can have the box back (I already knew what was gonna happen so I just gave it back to her) and it was no suprise when she comes back with a different game (game is like $90) with "another" 9.88 sticker on it.
I just felt like screaming in her face what a dumb bitch she was though once I told her it's not 9.88 and that "SOMEONE" just placed it on there she let it be and just got the 8$ game.
I just feel like hitting people when I tell them that "someone must have placed that on there" and they put on some fake suprise act. "Oh really! In that case I'll leave it"

Customers have too many rights.

On a side note: I always find it amusing when people get so paranoid about getting their item(s) in a plastic bag because they think "security" is gonna jump on them at the exit...I wish :)

Last edited:
HSC
townie said:
amen to that, brother.

price increases for beers and spirits just started today and about every 3rd customer had some sought of complaint. i somehow feel for them :(..

more rules..
dont say to me "i can get this 6pack/case for so much cheaper at (someplace)". why the fuck didnt you buy it there then. ? :confused:

dont change your mind 10 fucking times on a bottle of wine.

no i dont know every special we have. if you ask, ill just point you to the yellow tags and if i can remember the main stuff on the catalogues

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
also, when you're in a restaurant, don't tell the waitperson to bring the food fast. its not in our bloody hands. its in the chef's hands, if i were making it, you could tell me, but don't tell to bring the food quickly, or faster than normal....its not like we're the ones making it..

cimbom

HSC
:mad1: ... I'm sorry, i can't sell you this bottle of pepsi, it's on display only here at the counter, no i can't, not that one, you'll have to buy it refrigerated. I'm sorry- that's $2.50. Thankyou. :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LOL this is so fun...

1) no sorry sir, we are xyz abc, NOT xyz... and we cannot do anything to the fucking 10 digit order number because we don't have access to their system...

2) sorry sir, i have no fucking idea why xyz has their call centre established in malaysia... all i know is you have called xyz abc... and yes yes... u should blame me that none of them can speak english, so u don't know the goods you should have received 4 days ago are.

3) sorry ma'am... i am NOT a switch board... i DON'T know xyz office's number... the only number i have is 123 456, like i told u 10 times for the past min

4) no ma'am, we CANNOT give u a receipt if u havn't purchased anything... no... not even if you used our self serve facility, because you didn't BUY anything

reply: "iknow what you are saying... but all i want is a receipt, how easy could that be..."

i hate fuckers ...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
OMG i feel your pain xiao. i hate it when you tell a customer that you can't do something, or don't have something, and they say "i see what you're saying, but..." and then proceed to ask you the same fucking question again. what part of "We don't stock (item)" don't you understand?!? it's not going to magically appear on the shelves, moron, if we don't stock it. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

HSC
If something doesnt appear to be on shelf, I encourage custoemrs too ask me because I actually may know of another place we keep it (perhaps a ballet around the back). Not always do I have time to restock shelves!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)