Rules for Customers (2 Viewers)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
shut up ffs
why? becaue you can't accept that you have responsibilities too? and you have just about as much rights as you do responsibilities? spoilt at home?

can someone tell me, why is it that you guys (a majority) managed to stack up 1000+ posts on whinging about customers, yet you can't find anything wrong with yourselves?

it is way too easy to pick faults from someone else. but we are not so keen to find it in ourselves huh?

you don't have to respond to this, but if you want to retaliate, answer my questions while you're at it.

HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
I also hate people who yell at the first person they see. If they have a problem at register, they yell at the person at pour-up. If they have a problem with the maker, they yell at the person at pour-up, who had nothing to do with it or any control over it.
Or when I was a receptionist, when the company I worked for did something wrong they yelled at me. I had nothing to do with it, I barely understood what the company even did. Luckily my boss (dad) told me to just transfer any rude people to him, and he'd fillet them alive.
I know! This random woman comes in this morning yelling incoherently at the service manager about some little thing which wasn't even her fault. If you're going to complain, at least do it in proper English and calmly. Makes you look less like a psycho idiot.

wuddie said:
why? becaue you can't accept that you have responsibilities too? and you have just about as much rights as you do responsibilities? spoilt at home?
No, because you're fucking annoying. Did you post in the employees thread asking everyone to whinge about customers?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yes, wuddie, we all have faults, and not all of us do our jobs to the best of our ability 100% of the time, we're only human. but i'd say 90% of the posts in this thread about customers are about either

A) a general trend among customers to do/say something stupid REPEATIDLY
B) customers who are arseholes ALL THE TIME

i'd guess very few of these posts are about customers who've just had a bad day

further, we have to deal with customers more than they have to deal with us. i serve about 300 customers a week, and sell about $20,000 worth of stock a week, i have to deal with customers for 17 hours a week. whereas the customer only has to deal with me for at most a few minutes, once or twice a week for only about $15-$100 worth of stock. do the math mate, we put up with more shit than the customers do.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
thank god, at last someone is talking sense and making a logical argument.

i can assure you that there are just as many impotent employees out there as there are bad (for lack of a better word) customers. dealing with these minority of the customers is part of your job, which you have been paid for and you've agreed to put up with them for that amount of money. apart from discriminating comments and actions, i am pretty sure your boss will tell you to put up with everything else the customers give you. realise it or not, that is part of your job.

there is a solution though - quit. if you don't want to put up with it, or you don't think the money is worth it, then quit. someone said to me they need the money to support their family, well then tough luck. bite the bullet and deal with it. whinging about it won't stop it occurring.

i work at the scg/sfs, i deal with a lot more people than you do. after a few beers, people get worse than they do at shopping centres and what have you. but i, like my 50 other colleagues, deal with it week in week out, because we think the money is worth it in this job.

the point i try to make is, if you want to keep your job, then you have to put up with the crap. instead of whinging, think of ways to change it, like putting a sign up or something more practical.

the rules for staff thread is more to piss you guys off. i am pretty sure you all know what the rules are, but somehow someone is always breaking them. why? because no one is perfect, and your bosses put up with your imperfections a few times before taking action. what's more, you're getting paid and you ARE expected to behave as told.

as i pointed out in the other thread, if you expect rewards for your good work, shouldn't you expect penalties for sloppy work?

J

jhakka

wuddie said:

can someone tell me, why is it that you guys (a majority) managed to stack up 1000+ posts on whinging about customers, yet you can't find anything wrong with yourselves?

it is way too easy to pick faults from someone else. but we are not so keen to find it in ourselves huh?

you don't have to respond to this, but if you want to retaliate, answer my questions while you're at it.
Because it's more fun picking on stupid customers. :)

hwoods2090

HSC
For Fashion Retail:
  • Just because uve taken a piece of clothing and said it was on the 50% off rack doesn’t make it 50% off – I AM NOT A COMPLETE FUCKING IDIOT
  • Have the decency to at least bring the enormous pile of clothes you just tried on out of the change room for me – turning them the right way in or even hanging some does make my day.
  • Don’t mess the table of clothes up that I just spent an hour folding because I may have to SCREAM!
  • Say hi to me when I say hi to you ….. its called respect
  • Don’t ask if you can pay for a $30 purchase with every silver coin in your wallet and the rest on your credit card – just pay for it all on you fucking card if you don’t have the cash

CieL

HSC
Don't abuse my staff.

I don't need you harrassing them in such a loud voice so the whole store can hear you. Do not call them names, and just learn to fucking shut up, and control yourself in public.

If there is something you need to talk about, call me and we'll take it ouside.

Honestly, I don't give a flying fuck if you've been harrassed by someone at some chain of Coles. It's not my problem, nor is it a problem within my store. It was somewhere else. Go fucking complain to that specific fucking store.

Besides, I don't see much difference between you getting harrassed and you harrassing my staff. Hypocrite.

You probably deserved it in the first place.

CieL

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
No, "HAH?? *sour look*" is not an acceptable substitute for "pardon?".
At least they show you that they want you to repeat what you said..

Most of the retards in my area just stare at me like they're stoned

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yes, I am lovely and friendly and approachable at work.

But I'm paid to be like this. I am NOT AT ALL interested in you. You may not make disgusting jokes, you may not call me nicknames (I don't care how much of a regular customer you are), and STOP staring at me.

I'm like some sort of female-interaction hooker. It'll cost you $6 and you get polite smalltalk, a smile and a smoothie. Yuck. At least if I was in a bar I could profit off this, but I can't even make tips at work.

CieL

HSC
Stop threatening us in a loud angry voice and making other customers paranoid.

Our meat is prime beef. If you see that it's a little bit brown, it's because once it's wrapped up, it deoxygenates. Who the fuck cares if you've worked in a butcher store for 20yrs. Their meat is uncovered and it will stay pink/red..

The reason our meat is so red is NOT because we use preservatives - it's because the butcher removes so much fucking fat from the meat. Your stupid pink meat is full of fat.

Stop telling us that we use chemicals. We use none of the shit. Everything is sanitized with boiling water and the only chemicals we use is the stuff to clean the floors.

Go. Go call up the health inspectors. We don't fucking care. We get checked up on all the fucking time and we've never had a problem and they've even told us we're one of the cleanest and best fucking stores.

I hate people that are so full of themselves and think that EVERYTHING they think will be 100% correct. They then refuse to listen to anyone else and.. fuck.. they're just fucked in the head.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
wuddie said:

no

because you're a whinging little cunt :D

kym999

HSC
HAHA. Well said.

What's the bet the fuckers in this forum sticking up for asshole customers have NEVER had a job and live off Mummy and Daddy.

I put up with assholes like you every weekend, like everyone else in thsi forum, the other probably put up with more.

If you think we are such whingers, never go to a shop again. EVER. Come on big boy. NEVER!

Now who has the upper hand??

Haha. Stupid customer dipshit.

kym999

HSC
wuddie said:
i can assure you that there are just as many impotent employees out there as there are bad (for lack of a better word) customers. dealing with these minority of the customers is part of your job, which you have been paid for and you've agreed to put up with them for that amount of money.
Did you mean to say important? Or are you talking about employees who cant get it up??

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
kym999 said:
Did you mean to say important? Or are you talking about employees who cant get it up??
Impotent also means... ineffective? Useless? Something to that effect.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
wuddie said:
moron...

if you hate your job so much, why keep it?
What everyone here is saying is that most people are fine. You might get one shitty customer a week, which is not enough to quit a job. BUT it is annoying while it's happening. And it is this tiny percentage of customers that actually need the rules outlined for them. Hence this thread.

It wouldn't be an interesting thread if it was "Normal customers go about their normal business like human beings".

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
The point of this thread is to rant about stupid things stupid people do all the damn time.

If they were ignoring their responsibilities as an employee they'd be ranting this shit AT the customers, and therefore not have a job. Let em rant ffs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)