• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

suling

HSC
Don't wait until You have swiped your card to tell me that you have changed your mind about an item..and then, when I am cancelling the eftpos thingy DO NOT keep swiping your card expecting it to work..(um, hello? you just asked me to cancel it). Finally, don't get angry at me and give me dirty looks when it takes a while..ITS YOUR FAULT!!
And then I have to take YOUR item and walk all the way to the courtesy desk (which isn't actually that far, really) and put it in returns. Next time use the self serves..I hope they eat your change.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Dude, wtf else do you want them to say? Its just a polite way of saying no.
No, they all think I am asking "would you like an everyday rewards card", they reply with a "no thanks" as in I dont want that..
I was "asking", not offering, if that makes sense.

A simple "nah" or "no" would do

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
No, they all think I am asking "would you like an everyday rewards card", they reply with a "no thanks" as in I dont want that..
I was "asking", not offering, if that makes sense.

A simple "nah" or "no" would do

If i said just plain nah or no then i would feel like i was being rude, i would probably say no thanks out of politeness.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
no i agree with the no thanks bit for EDR cards, i hate that as well

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Oh, i have another one..

Customers, if the item does not have shelf space/is not on the shelf, we do not keep it any "out the back", sorry.

Kiim2507

HSC
Lol I get the EDR thing...if someone 'Do you have an EDR card?' you wouldn't say no thanks. Its like if someone says 'Do you have the time?' you wouldn't say no thanks lol.

The best part about the self serve checkouts is that you can skip that screen ;)

TheStallion

HSC
Oh, i have another one..

Customers, if the item does not have shelf space/is not on the shelf, we do not keep it any "out the back", sorry.
Yes we do? If, for example, there's no milk on the shelf, it'd take 2 seconds to go into the freezer out back and bring some out. People ask us this sort of stuff all the time, and nobody minds going and grabbing it for them.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yes we do? If, for example, there's no milk on the shelf, it'd take 2 seconds to go into the freezer out back and bring some out. People ask us this sort of stuff all the time, and nobody minds going and grabbing it for them.
Oh no, I mean for items that aren't on the shelf.. If there isn't "shelf space" there isn't any out the back.
People seem to think we stock all kinds of stuff, but 'if it isn't labeled on the shelf, we don't have it' is what i was trying to say :p.

HSC
customers for woolies:
-please do not ask me if i am open when i clearly have my closed sign up and a supervisor is counting my till, and there is two trolleys across the register.
-Also do not ask me when i am putting things back on the shelf, do i work here (Yes it has happened to me in my uniform and name badge on)
-Don't abuse the staff when they have there school uniform on and you yell, "I know youu work here" (has happened to me again) we don't tolerate putting up with your shit when were working let alone do we when we are NOT working!
-Don't grunt or yell, "OI!" if you need help on the self-serve, i wear a name badge for a reason i simply don't answer to, "OI" or "Grunt"
-When I am walking into the lunchroom in casual clothes please don't yell out, "YOU NOT ALLOWED IN THERE!" (Has happened before)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
-When I am walking into the lunchroom in casual clothes please don't yell out, "YOU NOT ALLOWED IN THERE!" (Has happened before)
A customer said that to you? That would piss me off so much!
But I always get looks from people who think "eh?" when I walk in staff areas with casual cloths on..

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Don't chuck a fit because I didn't swipe your EDR, I have no obligation to ask you if you have it or not
What? Yes you are, thats like the most important part of the transaction :s
I usually ask over $5, with the exception of them being in a rush and almost walking off before i ask..

Why do you think there are stickers above the screen which say "ask for EDR" etc etc, and a screen which displays "Everyday Rewards (barcode space) - Accept/Cancel"

lol :p

Last edited:
HSC
Don't chuck a fit because I didn't swipe your EDR, I have no obligation to ask you if you have it or not, if I feel like asking it then I will. It's your fault for not taking it out for me to scan and I couldn't care less that you didn't get your fuel voucher credited to your card, seriously it's not the end of the world. I know there are those stupid frequent flyer points but in all seriousness if you care THAT much about them you should take the liberty of remembering yourself to take out the card BEFORE the transaction has been done.

Even for $2 worth of items people get pissed that I didn't scan it $2 measely dollars, if you get angry because of that I don't know what will happen if someone bumps into you

You can try threatening me by going to the head office and say I'm undertrained for something that I just found out about, I couldn't care less. EG, this stupid asian lady the other day threatened to tell the head office that I wasn't trained to know how to pay off her Woolworths credit card, not only was I not told, but the system just recently catered for that (I think). A big fuck you to you. There is something called Bpay? or the internet douche bag

Also, when I say I can't help you, I have a good reason just because I'm in my uniform, and you ask me if I can help and I say no because I'm on my break, don't fucking tell me to go out of my own store to go on my break. Some old guy threatened to tell the manager that I didn't help him, so I gave him my name and I saw him talk to one of the manager, and guess what nothing happened. If I'm working I'll help, if not I won't, I don't get paid to help during break and so I won't.
Yeah I'm with you on all of this, particularly the EDR shit. And re credit card payments, there's a real possibility that if we rush through it we can massively screw up the payment, so THATS why we're going snail pace slow. Or it could also be that in the few months we've had it I've only put through two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)