Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
alez said:
we have a new computer system in. so dont look at me stupidly when i ask for your name when you order. or just say 'oh its on my card'
the names have not come up on the cards for 6 months. and we remind you every single time.
its not that hard to give your name.
and when we call it out, fucking listen. dont just sit there staring at us for 20 minutes, and then complain that your coffee is cold.
Similar thing used to happen to me at my old job (Hungry Jack's). Like fack, I just collected the orders, I didn't always know who ordered what. Pay faking attention.

Just out of curiosity, where do you work?

gowie

HSC
It's funny seeing this shit and realising yeh..that shit happens to me too.

I once spent a solid 10mins individually wraping & packing 4 dozen wine glasses into a box for a menopause bitch, per her request. Only for her to glare at me intently and remark "Can you put that in a bag now?"

btw, no plastic bag known to man would fit this box had it her request made any sense

I got plenty of customer-bullshit stories.

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
gcchick said:
Similar thing used to happen to me at my old job (Hungry Jack's). Like fack, I just collected the orders, I didn't always know who ordered what. Pay faking attention.

Just out of curiosity, where do you work?
hudsons
pretty much everyone i know that doesnt live in albury is like 'whats hudsons?'

PSAG

HSC
Petrol Station:

- Have your discount voucher ready to go instead of looking through every single piece of paper in your wallet/purse and holding up the line.
- Don't put your credit card in slots in your wallet/purse where you can't physically get it out.
- Don't come to the register and be like 'oh I left my voucher in the car, just a sec' while there is a huge line and then get pissy when you come back and I'm serving other customers
- Don't fill up your jerry can and then bring it inside and put it on the counter.
- Don't get angry when I ask you politely to put it outside.
- Don't bring your dog inside even if you're "just getting the paper"
- Don't start wiping down all your windows when there is a massive line of cars behind you
- Don't ask me "when the price of fuel is coming down"
- Don't complain that the ciggies are a few dollars more then the supermarket when the supermarket is just 100 meters away
- Don't pull up next to the pumps when you're not getting fuel and in turn holding other people up
- Don't complain when I don't activate the pump for you because you're on your phone
- Don't ask me to come out and fill your car up when there are lines of cars 5 deep on each pump and I'm the only one there
- Don't ask if I can give you a discount even though your discount has expired and don't threaten to report me to my manager when I refuse to
- Don't throw your money across the counter at me
- Don't come inside and stand there while your partner is filling up - I have other stuff that needs to be done!

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
alez said:
hudsons
pretty much everyone i know that doesnt live in albury is like 'whats hudsons?'
Because of my Sydney/Goldy origins: What's Hudsons?

Oh and I have some more rules:
- If you come through my registers and you're on the phone, don't deathstare me when I try to ask you a question e.g. if you have Flybuys. You're a rude spacker who should be beaten with a register roll. Then, when you FINALLY get off the phone, don't apologise. I don't believe that you're sorry, otherwise you would've waited until you got off the facking phone. Ugh. Loser.
- Read the facking signs around the store. If the deal is "buy one shirt, get the second one half price", IT'S ONLY ON SHIRTS. I don't care if you're a regular customer, I can't just discount your pants/shoes/underwear etc. because my supervisor will shoot me if I do.

Will definitely add more as they come to mind. I could write a book based on my customer service experiences.

Last edited:

PSAG

HSC
I also work at a bar/pool hall:

- If you are under age, don't beg me to let you play "just one game"
- No, I'm not going to give you free drinks
- Don't complain about the quality of the cues, if you're such a serious player, buy your own!
- Don't change tables every 5 minutes
- Don't buy 10 drinks when I say I'm closing the bar - I'm closing the bar because it is quiet and I'm closing soon - don't whinge when I tell you to leave and you still have 9 drinks to go and no, I will not let you take them outside with you

P

pLuvia

Brant57 said:
YES! That always happens when I try to do a clearance or count a till. Geezus, the gates closed, my lights off and I'm clearly doing something else. Take the hint
I could not care less about customers when I'm going on my break or closed my register, I aint going to open up just for one customer and when i do a flock of other customers will come and the never ending cycle continues

But the shit thing is at the place I work we don't have signs to say we are closed only the light and most people don't look at the light. We do have like a gate but that's on too far to close and when you have a lot of customers that are blocking the gate you can't exactly close it before another customer joins the queue

walkahz

HSC
Dont come into a timber yard and say "I need some timber" it like NO FUCKING SHIT THAT IS WHY YOU ARE HERE!!!!

Dont make little gestures with your fingers saying "it needs to be this by this"

Dont ask to talk to someone who "knows" when it is obvious that you are an idiot office worker.

Dont ask for your timber to be cut into a billion tiny pieces unless you are a hot chick.

Dont ask for the price!!! The prices change every week and i dont have a list of them GO INSIDE!!

Dont say "but its cheaper at bunnings." If it is cheaper at bunnings go there and spend the same amount you saved in petrol to drive there.

Just dont be a dumb fuckwit around me:burn:

mitch179

HSC
gcchick said:

Oh and I have some more rules:
- If you come through my registers and you're on the phone, don't deathstare me when I try to ask you a question e.g. if you have Flybuys. You're a rude spacker who should be beaten with a register roll. Then, when you FINALLY get off the phone, don't apologise. I don't believe that you're sorry, otherwise you would've waited until you got off the facking phone. Ugh. Loser.
- Read the facking signs around the store. If the deal is "buy one shirt, get the second one half price", IT'S ONLY ON SHIRTS. I don't care if you're a regular customer, I can't just discount your pants/shoes/underwear etc. because my supervisor will shoot me if I do.

Will definitely add more as they come to mind. I could write a book based on my customer service experiences.
Yeah, I get so angry when people are talking on their damn phone when I'm trying to serve them. I ask them if they have flybuys, and i don't get a response, so i just skip it.

Then when they get off the phone, I also get that fake apology and they decide that they will NOW give me their flybuys but I'm on the tender screen so unless i'm feeling particularly generous, and I decide that I will suspend and retrieve the transaction so it goes back to scanning mode and i can then scan their flybuys, otherwise, I will just scan it and give it back. Ofcourse the points won't be awarded but that's your punishment for being rude.

The current deal at Target in regards to buy one, get one 50% off, is always annoying. Thank god now though, that we have the automatic deal calculation on the registers. But you still get people asking you, no matter how many times you tell them that it scans at original price but is deducted automaticcally, then having them not beleive you and having to press Print Receipt just to prove it to them. It's always good though, because then you get to own them! :D

I had a relatively good day at work today, not too bad. But just like everday, you always get the annoying customers.

Also, parents of toddlers and little kids, TELL YOUR KIDS TO STOP PLAYING WITH THE CLOSE GATE, because it annoys me, other customers and other employees as well!

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
mitch179 said:
Also, parents of toddlers and little kids, TELL YOUR KIDS TO STOP PLAYING WITH THE CLOSE GATE, because it annoys me, other customers and other employees as well!
this is true, i remember when i was working at my liquor store. a little kid would run though the gate, through the exit, then back in again (setting the door alarm off each time). I eventually got pissed off and removed him, the parents didn't even come over to argue with me cos they saw how angry i was lol

xxxx8888

HSC
today, i continued to be polite when a woman was a miserable bitch.

at the end i said 'thank you' with a smile because i thought she was just having a bad day.

she didn't even look at me, and took the money and receipt off me like i was below her. i could see her sense of superiority on her fat, crater-ridden face. you know that face some customers give you? like just because you work on checkouts, you're automatically below them, even if they're useless stay-at-home mums.

well, i'm glad she's obese with grey hair and horrific skin and will probably die from obesity-related diseases very soon. and i'm GLAD she probably has the shittiest self-esteem EVER and i'm glad every man on the planet probably mentally throws up when looking at her.

edit: sorry, no offense to anyone here whose mum is a stay-at-home. and no offense to anyone obese...
i will probably end up deleting this immature post later. lol.

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
walkahz said:
Dont come into a timber yard and say "I need some timber" it like NO FUCKING SHIT THAT IS WHY YOU ARE HERE!!!!
I get that too..

People rock up to the cigarette kiosk and say, "I want a pack of cigarettes", then look at me wondering why I'm still standing there and not getting their smokes.. the smart ones realise that they've forgotten to tell me other details, the thick ones repeat "I want a pack of cigarettes", and the retarded ones tell me to choose their smokes for them [I've actually had a few weird women who just tells me to sell them a pack of 20s anything and gets really confused and upset when I ask her if there's anything in particular she wants..]

Also, it would be nice if people took their earphones off..
I seriously don't understand those who don't hear me properly and go "huh?", and don't take the earphones off when they make me repeat myself.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
xxxx8888 said:
today, i continued to be polite when a woman was a miserable bitch.

at the end i said 'thank you' with a smile because i thought she was just having a bad day.

she didn't even look at me, and took the money and receipt off me like i was below her. i could see her sense of superiority on her fat, crater-ridden face. you know that face some customers give you? like just because you work on checkouts, you're automatically below them, even if they're useless stay-at-home mums.

well, i'm glad she's obese with grey hair and horrific skin and will probably die from obesity-related diseases very soon. and i'm GLAD she probably has the shittiest self-esteem EVER and i'm glad every man on the planet probably mentally throws up when looking at her.

edit: sorry, no offense to anyone here whose mum is a stay-at-home. and no offense to anyone obese...
i will probably end up deleting this immature post later. lol.
i get that too hey

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
gcchick said:
coffee. like the only aussie coffee franchise
theres actually quite a few around, you just dont notice them cause you dont know them
kicks gloria jeans ass tho.

ytrbut

HSC
Deli:

-Please don't ask for 100g of Vine Leaves or 4 slices of shaved ham. Seriously, stick to the units we sell them in...
-Please don't ask for two slices of prosciutto when it's quite obvious that the slicer is being used and there's a thousand other customers.
-Please don't come in to the store at 8:55pm and expect the slicer to be fully constructed and operational. Most likely it's been pulled to bits to be cleaned, or else is already cleaned, and therefore I'm not using it.
-When the above happens, the Duty Manager will always side with me. Trust me, they don't want to hear your bitching, especially as they themselves are trying to close the store at that exact time as well.
-I will not serve you at 9:10pm, and I will instruct my fellow staff members not to either. The checkout operators want to go home, and we want to go home.
-Please don't put your fingers on the glass, or fail to have your kids remove their hands from the glass. It's spotless because I woke up at 4am so I had time to both set-up and clean them. We don't have little fairies which come through every time people put their dirty mits on them to clean them.
-Don't tell me I'm a rude prick when I pointedly ask one of my fellow employees to clean the outside part of the front window in front of the bacon. My intention was to make you feel bad and educate you so you don't point out exactly which cut of bacon you want by putting your finger on the glass, and I don't need you telling me what my intention was.
-"Ham off the Bone" is always going to have fat on it. It's $18.98kg, so no, I am not pulling the fat off it before I price it up. Stop being an idiot and buy the more processed ham if you don't want the fat on it.
-No, I am not reducing chickens at 3:30pm on a Saturday. Nor at 4:00pm. And the more you ask me, the longer I'm going to delay. If you stand around at the chicken warmer waiting for me to reduce them, I'll probably just let them go and reduce them for the staff members, or else get the produce department manager to move you along because you're RIGHT IN THEIR WAY, for fucks sake.
-No, I don't know which aisle mayonnaise is in. And when I friendly suggest the service desk may be able to assist you, don't seriously start muttering under your breath about passing the buck.
-Yes, I am experienced in the gourmet cheese part of the store, but no, I am not leaving the serviced deli for 10mins to talk you through the pros and cons of each for your fancy meal you're creating. Ask me a question at the deli and I'll answer it; my answer won't change by walking 25m.
-"Are these chickens cooked today?" will result in exasperating replies.
-If you find that one of our tickets is displaying an incorrect price, let me know and I'll reduce the sticker to the correct price for you, gladly. What I won't do is then give you a further 1kg of it at the same price once the error has been discovered.
-If you buy 10kg of prawns, don't be offended if we walk you to the checkouts to pay for it. I'm not letting someone walk around with $250 worth of prawns which, if dumped anywhere except a freezer, will result in us throwing them out.
-If I'm not serving anyone at the moment, don't ask me to serve you, or tell me to start serving. Only my department manager can tell me to do that, not you, and most likely there's a good reason I'm not serving you; namely, making sure we have the stock so that we can sell it to you when you ask for it.

General:

-If I'm walking through the store talking to a fellow employee and with a Wendy's milkshake in one hand and food in the other, it's likely I'm on break. I'm happy to tell you where things are, or call an employee to wherever-we-are for customer assistance, but don't expect me to walk across the store to show you where they are.
-If I'm lined up in a checkout/self serve queue, you do not have the right to jump in front of me because I'm wearing work clothes. I'm a customer as well.
-Don't ask for my help with the self-serve checkouts when I'm queued up in the (normally-short) line with my hands full with food and other stuff. It's kinda obvious I'm not working at that point, nor am I a self-serve operator. Ask the person with the card who's helping other people with self-serve.
And last, but the funniest:
-Don't ask me to jump on a checkout and serve you when I'm lining up to buy stuff. Like, seriously?

</rant>

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
ytrbut said:
-Don't ask me to jump on a checkout and serve you when I'm lining up to buy stuff. Like, seriously?
hahah are you serious? thats the perfect moment to say "HAHAHA..NO" and then face the other way :rolleyes:

ytrbut

HSC
Davo1111 said:
hahah are you serious? thats the perfect moment to say "HAHAHA..NO" and then face the other way :rolleyes:
Happened once, yeah. I did a double-take because it was so absurd that someone would even suggest it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)