Rugby not League (1 Viewer)

reggaeman

HSC
don't get me wrong i like the NRL, but the game just aint as good as rugby, sure we might be thugs, but we're thugs with tactics, where league is more of a full frontal attack, we like to outflank & outmanouvre our opponents. If you got anything to say or add don't be shy. I don't bite........................................ not the first time anyway.LOL.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
i love both

but beware the pure leaguies.

theyll come back with its shit, boring to watch, too many kicks, unskilled forwards, unfit running, and quite predicatble overall.

and its quite true. but i love it fore the saturday afternoon atmosphere.

jack1

HSC
League is to predictable. The tackle count causes teams to play to formulaicly(i'm not sure if thats a word)

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
I'm not a huge fan of Rugby basically for the reasons Booki put foward, cant watch it much anymore. But I do like Club Rugby for some reason...CARN RANDWICK!! :)

ohdato

HSC
sweet_as said:
I'm not a huge fan of Rugby basically for the reasons Booki put foward, cant watch it much anymore. But I do like Club Rugby for some reason...CARN RANDWICK!! :)
Pfft!! Go Two Blues Parramatta.

I can watch Rugby a 11tybillion times more than League.
There is alot more intensty with rep games, which makes it
enjoyable. There is always variation in play with no tackle
count, line outs, kicks etc.

And playing it is hard, dirty at times. But you gotta love getting into a maul
and ripping somones fingers apart to rack the ball lol.

Oh and we actually push in scrums, not just
stand in a back killing position waiting for the
backs to have the fun.

If there was no Soccer Rugby would be the worlds game.

white lady

No Motivation Whatsoever
HSC
Love both of 'em. As long as there's excitement, i'm there and also with what Bookie brought up.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I usually don't mind rugby except when they have those games where all they do is kick penalty goals.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
666_blessings said:
You must hate watching England play then. *shakes fist at Wilkinson*
Oh England just went overboard with the whole penalty-kicking madness. I think there were petitions to the IRB to reduce the value to 2 points to discourage the 'English style'.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
white lady said:
Paragon, what do u mean by "english style"?
As in they reverted to relying heavily on their forwards, excessively engaging into rucks and mauls, ploughing their way into the opposition third, milking penalties (seeing as the forwards' average age being around 30, hence loads of experience in such situations), and 'voodoo Johnny' would slot home the 3 points.

Plus, they kicked for territory an awful lot, their backline was so close to being redundant. That was basically all they did under Woodward, and it was excruciating to watch as a rugby fan. :mad1:

Lizzee35

HSC
Union all the way. But i rekon we have to stop paying huge money to get the League players to switch over. Ryan Cross has just signed to the force now so we officially have about a million backs wanting to play for the wallabies. We should be encouraging young and upcoming union players and spending the money on them, not the League players.
Just my opinion.
Also, Drew Mitchell was robbed not to be included in the Wallabies squad!

ohdato

HSC
True but some of them bring alot to the game. I love watching Tuqri
and regardless of Sailors shit he is a good player.

We are starting to get alot of fresh faces for the Wallabies and with the World Cup
next year its not good. I want the old days with Kefu, Eals, Gregan (playing well), George Smith paired with Waugh but keep Nathan Sharpe in there.

Steve Mate

HSC
We tried smith and waugh but that and it didn't really work, well enough. We need the extra grunt of a real blindside flanker, and an extra lineout jumper. I rekon our best backrow was when we had Smith/wilson, Kefu and Owen Finegan.

We have so many tests between the now and the world cup next year, I can't see the addition of all the new players being a problem.

Last edited:

white lady

No Motivation Whatsoever
HSC
Paragon said:
As in they reverted to relying heavily on their forwards, excessively engaging into rucks and mauls, ploughing their way into the opposition third, milking penalties (seeing as the forwards' average age being around 30, hence loads of experience in such situations), and 'voodoo Johnny' would slot home the 3 points.

Plus, they kicked for territory an awful lot, their backline was so close to being redundant. That was basically all they did under Woodward, and it was excruciating to watch as a rugby fan. :mad1:
Oh!!! I get ya. Thanx. I see exactly what u mean, kinda like the way they were trying to play last Saturday.

By the way, luv the sig.

Cpt obvious

HSC
Hehehe england suck without johnny wilkinson the have hardly won without him. Cant wait to watch the aussie backline with Matt Gituea (spelt wrong i think) jez for a small fella he is a crazily good player

ledzeppelin

HSC
ROFL@Union
Real Friday night Rugby outrates the Union "Tests"
You can have Ryan Cross. I wonder how soon we'll see him in the Wallaby jumper
Matt Rogers - just a Rugby winger, now a five-eighth in Union
Yeah, I love those scrums, the ones which take two minutes to complete, have to be repacked numerous times, and cause serious neck/back injuries

Steve Mate

HSC
ledzeppelin said:
ROFL@Union
Real Friday night Rugby outrates the Union "Tests"
You can have Ryan Cross. I wonder how soon we'll see him in the Wallaby jumper
Matt Rogers - just a Rugby winger, now a five-eighth in Union
Yeah, I love those scrums, the ones which take two minutes to complete, have to be repacked numerous times, and cause serious neck/back injuries
At least in union the scrums are a contest. In league they barely in even touch, they may as well start with a tap.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)