Rudd's $42 billion 'nation building' plan (1 Viewer)

RHINO7

HSC
That comment was made and directed towards Keven 'I'm a Tit' Rudd.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Why is this page on the centrelink site already?

Why doesn't Rudd just abolish the parliament?
Because the youth allowance hotline has been down for 2 days now. Been trying to get through so i can find if im eligible.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Chairman Rudd doesn't need to abolish the parliament. He is after all the Chairman of Equality, Freedom and Democracy.

I would love to have seen the reaction of the media in the last term of the Howard Government if a $42 Billion announcement was pushed through each house without any form of scrutiny. It seems Chairman Rudd has even obtained control of the television media.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
it's hard to make "free money for you" controversial, the reasons against it are too complicated

Lentern

HSC
I might have read it somewhere but at the moment I'm saying the idea came to me in a dream, if there is such concern about people saving/paying off debt with handouts or income tax cuts, why not suspend the GST during this little crisis? Thatway people only get the benefits of it if they are spending?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I wonder if Labor's arrogance is so high that they would consider a double dissolution? If they, and only they, are so right and there is absolutely no other way to avoid recession, why don't they put their (our) money where their mouth is?

Lentern

HSC
I wonder if Labor's arrogance is so high that they would consider a double dissolution? If they, and only they, are so right and there is absolutely no other way to avoid recession, why don't they put their (our) money where their mouth is?
Probably will go to the polls sooner rather then later if they are afraid recession might be around the corner. Not to mention governments like to call elections whilst opposition leadership tensions exist, 74, 83, 87. I doubt it will be a DD though.

spiny norman

HSC
I might have read it somewhere but at the moment I'm saying the idea came to me in a dream, if there is such concern about people saving/paying off debt with handouts or income tax cuts, why not suspend the GST during this little crisis? Thatway people only get the benefits of it if they are spending?
In the Senate hearings today Brown asked a member of Rudd's staff if the possibility of reducing the GST during this period was looked into. The guy said that it hadn't, but previously the GST was examined and it was determined that the whole thing was just too complex to ever really touch.

ZaraKu

HSC
I don't care how it works, I'm happy to get money, it's going towards my laptop for uni, Dell will getting a call from me in a few weeks :)

Lex152

HSC
I agree with this completely.
I'm sorry but if people don't save it companies most likely will... Either to pay off dissavings or to credit emergency cash for the ongoing downturn or acquisition opportunities....

No solution in my mind.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Ditching the GST would be unlikely to lead to the full 10% drop in prices, depending on the degree to which they are demand driven.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
My guess is the big reason for not looking at tax cuts is that they are hard to claw back....

faintygirl83

HSC
N/A
I receive youth allowance and I work casually...if Rudd's plan is approved, will I receive both the $950 tax bonus payment and the $950 student payment?

(I obviously earnt way under $80,000 and did pay some tax).

Lex152

HSC
I'm against those one off payments, there is no real aim or purpose behind them, and the reasons that the NUS guys give (whilst a problem) don't offer any economic justification...

I guess I should state I am a member of the young labor party.

HSC
N/A
i approve the cash handouts if they revise the stimulus package to include me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)