Rudd's $42 billion 'nation building' plan (1 Viewer)

greekgun

HSC
Thank mulit-millionaire Kevin for that one.
Fuck u rudd u piece of A grade dog shit. Not only u, but tat PM who introduced GST and said he would take away a tax (i think it was income tax i cant remeber) and ended up leaving the tax the way it was, but also introducing GST. (Insert picture of cell firing his lazer here)

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Not only u, but tat PM who introduced GST and said he would take away a tax (i think it was income tax i cant remeber) and ended up leaving the tax the way it was, but also introducing GST. (Insert picture of cell firing his lazer here)
Um. You mean Howard...?

You're a fascinating individual.

КГБ

Banned
HSC
might as well buy a new car. after all the govt will pay 30% for us.

thanks rudd.

greekgun

HSC
Um. You mean Howard...?

You're a fascinating individual.
Hmm yeah now that i think about it, it was Howard that proposed it. lol and how am i a fascinating individual?

tinfoilhat said:
i'm guessing he votes democrat
Nah havent had the chance to vote yet and haven't even thought about who i will vote for.

Last edited:

tinfoilhat

HSC
Nah havent had the chance to vote yet and haven't even thought about who i will vote for.

lol i was kidding... ie you're a special individual coz you vote democrat even though the party no longer exists

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Yes I think the realisation has dawned on me that it is our generation will be forced to clean up this mess with our higher incomes and thus higher taxation.

Re: deficit, It will not be cleaned up until a Liberal government returns to power. Labor cripples our treasury with needless deficit, the Liberal party takes the bad guy image when cleaning it up. Such is the circle of political life in Australia.

greekgun

HSC
lol i was kidding... ie you're a special individual coz you vote democrat even though the party no longer exists
naw im special. Nah but seriosuly im not that into politics; i dont even what democrat means? Whether im ignorant or dont pay attention i dunno but i really couldn't give a shit about politics. But as whatashotbyseve said above me, we are the generation who have to suffer through high taxation. Seriously, there isnt any legal way to earn good money through hard work anymore. How am i supposed to aspire to work my way up the ranks through my chosen career, and work hard, and be motivated to suck up to my boss to earn heaps of money if the goverment is going to take away large chunks of it to give it away to a bunch of bums who cant get their own job. But whatever the political party, i will always vote for what benifits me, and what benefits hard workers. Right now, rudds just tossing and interrupting channel 9 when i want to watch 2 and a half men to introduce this plan which he "made" which should have took 1 min to present but took around 10 mins instead. RAWR

Yeah and btw, when Rudd said something like 'good thing we (labors) have saved up a reserve of cash' when the world saw signs of a recession - it wasnt the labors who saved that cash for a rainy day, that plan to save money was implemented and carried out when the Liberals were at power. Not showing any favoritism to the Liberals, just want to point out what a dick Rudd is.

Last edited:

hunter1

Evolution is a mystery
HSC
Jow long until the future fund is given away in these stupid cash handouts??

tinfoilhat

HSC
\Right now, rudds just tossing and interupting channel 9 when i want to watch 2 and a half men to introduce this plan which he "made" which should have took 1 min to present but took around 10 mins instead. RAWR
blasphemy!

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
money with an expiry date is a pretty cool idea. Any economics students here wanna predict wat would happen with a money expiry date of two months.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
money with an expiry date is a pretty cool idea. Any economics students here wanna predict wat would happen with a money expiry date of two months.

It would look like germany after WW2 with lil kids making doll houses with bricks of cash.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It'd gradually depreciate in value until some poor cunt's left with worthless cash.

*Minka*

HSC
What happens if you worked all last financial year, but have not worked in the past few weeks because you were made redundant. (Half the store I work at lost their jobs becausre of money issues). Not working now means I don't get it right?

(No youth allowance here, dad earns more than 100000, but my mum will get it....)

juggernaut

HSC
Er, is it any 'worker'? Or do you a have to work a minimum amount to be considered a 'worker'?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Treasuer said:
A lump-sum payment of up to $950 will be made to eligible taxpayers from April 2009. The bonus will be available to Australian resident taxpayers who paid tax in the 2007-08 financial year after taking into account available tax offsets and credits.
Press Release - $950 One-off Cash Bonus to Support Jobs [03/02/2009]

Would read to me as anyone who paid net tax in the 07-08 financial year and is considered resident for income tax purposes.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
The Opposition leader Malcolm Turnbull has dropped a bombshell this morning by announcing the Coalition will block the Government's $42 billion economic rescue package.

After complaining that the deadline to have the legislation passed by tomorrow would not allow sufficient time for scrutiny, Mr Turnbull said the Coalition would oppose it in both houses.

"We know that this is not going to be a popular decision but it's the right decision,'' he said.

"Someone has to stand up for fiscal discipline.''

He also said the package was too big and said only about $15 to $20 billion should have been spent.
Turnbull bombshell: we'll oppose $42b package - National - smh.com.au

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)