• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

RSA training (1 Viewer)

Mahogany

HSC
I'm wondering about RSA training. I used to work at a restaurant out the back and the chefs started talking to me about when I had my RSA what I planned on doing. I'm not 18 yet (not far off it though) and I'm just wondering, do most places that require the service of alcohol train you for your RSA, or do you have to do a course at Tafe or similar to get it? Will places like bottle shops accept you if you don't have one (then send you out to get one)? I'm just curious because I have a bad ankle and the only places really that has short enough shifts for me to manage appear to all serve alcohol. Can anyone give me some info?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
you can do your rsa at a tafe or another place qualified to teach the course

you need the rsa to work in a bottle o or a restaurant that sevices liquor for patrons

i did my rsa at tcp training solutions in the sydney cbd, but im sure you could find some places in newcastle where you can do the course

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Mahogany said:
I'm not 18 yet (not far off it though) and I'm just wondering, do most places that require the service of alcohol train you for your RSA, or do you have to do a course at Tafe or similar to get it?
Mahogany said:
Will places like bottle shops accept you if you don't have one (then send you out to get one)?
Any place that serves alcohol requires you to have a RSA. So yes, you will need one for an alcohol serving shop.

As for how to get them, theres's plenty in the Newcastle paper. Look in the employment part.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
your not the birghest star in the universe are you chizmalee???

got her, yes piss off your out.. haha

their encouraging underages to do it while their 17, so they can look for work as soon as they turn 18..

RB ~ CTC

Marvellous
HSC
N/A
haha nice call bill

but bill's right (i'd never thought id say it)

altho he still lacks the x factor

he cant yet hack it in the ivory jacket

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yes, RSA is required to serve alcohol. in regards 2 training

if u wanted to out an out get a job somewhere that serves alcohol, u'd need ur RSA (and usually RCG if it's a hotel) b4 u applied. places where u move into serving alcohol may train u. e.g. i had my RSA b4 woolworths liquor, however, some of the checkout peeps were trained by woolworths (and got paid for it) so they could cover shifts/breaks in liquor

EDIT: http://www.dgr.nsw.gov.au/HTML/LIQUOR/course_providers.html
these are approved courses.

i give u this, because back when RSA's first came in, some ppl did them with people that didnt have LAB approval, i dunno of that still happens, but make sure ur course is LAB approved or it's useless

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I did my RSA today. It's scary how easy it was. Anyway, there was a chick in the course who was 17 and 10 months.

HSC
That, and you'll get fined $5,500 if you do, and your business will be fined $60 000 if you do.

That a real license has a hologram on the front and a green stripe along the sides.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
its weird how they fine by points...they should just cut it and go with the money value.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
what exactly do they tell you in the rsa course?
"don't sell any more alcohol to drunk people"
They also tell you the answers to the test.

It was actually pretty interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)