Rsa/rcg (1 Viewer)

slip

HSC
Hey im going to rsa and rcg courses this week, i was just wondering what to wear to it.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
You wear whatever you want. Some people dress like they're going to a job interview (very very very few) whereas most just wear thongs, jeans and a tee.
However, if you do a practical bar course, you may have to wear all black (doesn't matter what you wear, so long as its black)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i did my rsa in gosford, and there where so many people who looked like bums and alcoholics. so doesnt matter at all what u wear. i wore parachute pants and shirt.

Sasky

HSC
Anybody gone to the ones run by Australian Training Solutions? It's in the Dymocks building in the city. Went today to book for this Friday.

I want to know if it's any good.

LazyBoy

HSC
at alex bauemont in parra they are 75 each i think. i did both, its a complete joke really i did a test for both.. it was open book.. and people just call out the questions n such.

Sasky

HSC
got my rsa today. Took from 9.30am - 4pm ish. Soooo long. And I had a hangover.

pretty 'responsible' huh? But yeah, the lecturer person was heaps funny, so that helped. But sitting there for hours (even if we did get breaks) was friggin driving me crazy, I cant wait for the bar course next week.

But the thing is, the class = about 25 people. They run it 11 times a week. Not only thinking how much money they would make just off that each week, but just how many jobs will be left by the time I get out of there! 3/4 of the class were from overseas - UK, Ireland, etc. Mostly Ireland. :p Why am i not surprised?

Last edited:

Sasky

HSC
It's run by the Australian Training Solutions, it's situated on the 7th floor of the Dymocks Building.

Here's the prices:

RSA - $85
RSG - $75
RSA & RSG - $140
RSA & F&B - $180
RSA & BAR SKILLS - $180
BAR SKILLS & F&B - $230

The combo ones saves around $20.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
It depends where you are. It can be reallllllllly hard to get a bar job with no experience (as I am finding, even though I did a bar course), although I hear they're "literally giving away jobs" in Sydney

Sasky

HSC
thejosiekiller said:
is it worth it in the end?

i dont know if there is a point in doing it and finding it hard to get a job bartending
I'm gonna find out soon enough.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
oh another question

im full of questions tonight for some reason

is it harder for a guy or a girl to get a bartending job?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I think if you're a chick and drop dead gorgeous, you will get a job no problems.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
is it worth it in the end?

i dont know if there is a point in doing it and finding it hard to get a job bartending

RSA is usually required if you want to be a waiter in a restaurant etc.............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)