rsa/rcg/bar (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
ok, so I'm doing my RSA/RCG/bar course this week (Wed-Fri) and I'm just wondering what I should expect...is it really as boring as everyone says?
And can I just wear 'normal' clothes?
Ta.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
depends...up here (Newcastle) its generally $60-70...apparently in Syd its a bit higher (~$80)

but I'm doing a package deal, rsa, rcg and bar for $199

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah im hoping to do the rsa/rcg course for $150 soon.....i think its held someeher close to central by the hotels association

but i had a friend do it recently and his course was done at broadway

mitch_07

HSC
interesting i heard of one run by tafe for 4 days starting on december 13th (monday-thursday) costing $380 from 930 am - 400 pm

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
wow thats expensive- r u sure its just the rsa or a combination of courses that employers would want staff to have- eg first aid, safe handling of food?

mitch_07

HSC
nah just da rsa/rcg it does sound expensive hey. do u have any info about that other course which is $150 such as dates and where its held this would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS

Dammit

Reach training in sydney - I did my RSA for $45 and same for RCG. then through www.speedpour.com.au I did a BarStart course for $99 (to learn to pour beer and spirits etc). then later on i did a Flair Tending workshop through Alex Beaumont training in sydney - i highly recommend it.

RSA and RCG (Particularly RCG) courses are VERY boring, but a legal requirement to get into the industry. Just go to sleep in the RCG course because you aren't going to learn much.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
ok, so I'm doing my RSA/RCG/bar course this week (Wed-Fri) and I'm just wondering what I should expect...is it really as boring as everyone says?
And can I just wear 'normal' clothes?
Ta.
RSA is SHIT BORING!!!!

And dress like the fannys girls, duh!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
the Fannys bargirls are complete skanks, I think not!

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i did mine at http://www.tcptraining.com
make sure when u do your rsa that it is LAB (Liquor Administration Board) approved, or most workplaces won't accept you - apparently there are only 8 registered training places in sydney that are LAB approved...
tcp was good for rsa - was a 1 day course, pretty boring but yeah... i also did their bar skills course - pouring beer/making cocktails etc.. (and you get to drink)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)