Rome 78-28 (1 Viewer)

starlet sar

Hey- do you guys think its safe just to have info prepared for a qstn on first or second triumvirate? what do u think the likelihood of them NOT asking a qstn on either of the triumvirates is?

HSC
N/A
:S

I'd say quite highly

Think of all the other things they could ask... which is pretty much everything :S

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
nah, i dont agree - i think your pretty safe assuming that one of the questions will be on either 1st or 2nd triumvirate. especially if you do 2 historical perdiods - then you've got 4 questions to choose from. however, they could ask for a personality of one of them or questions that the evidence comes mostly from them but there are others things included (civil violence etc.). they're still a good thing to have learnt though.

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
they asked 2nd Tri last year and in 2001.. i think there's gonna be a q on the 1st Tri (which they asked in 2002)..
meh...who knows..

callisto

has called it a day
HSC
CSSA Trial questions of 2004 were BAD BAD BAD, they asked for an assessment of Cicero (who the hell cares about him!) and the role of Mithradatic wars & Sparticus revolt in contributing to the down fall of the Repulic. Arghhh, everyone screwed up that section. Lets hope they'll be kinder this year

I'm hoping for a question on Octavian! :D

matt_a

There will definately be a question that you can focus on one area. They might ask about Pompey's role and the first triumvirate in the downfall of the republic or something like that. That's pretty simple. I dont plan to write too much on the 2nd Triumvirate, because I like Pompey better. Owns Caesar's ass.

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
matt_a said:
I dont plan to write too much on the 2nd Triumvirate, because I like Pompey better. Owns Caesar's ass.
omg i luv pompey!! go pompey.. ask a question on pompey hsc ancient history examiner ppl.. plzzz :uhhuh: i have all these quotes on him and stuffs abt him

and i hate the 2nd triumvirate stuff, oct, antony etc..first half of the period with caesar and pompey is much more interesting!

matt_a

OMFG will you marry me! hahaha

Yes the first part is the best ever. We should make a mad movie. It would kick ass, forget Troy and Alexander. We could have "Caesar vs Pompey" haha or something stupid like that.

Yer so many Pompey quotes!
"To proclaim war and peace as he liked, and to decalare nations as friends or enemies according to his own judgement" - Appian
"Pompeius had aqquired a clientelae on a scale hithero unwitnessed" - Seager

Man Pompey was the Bomb!

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
matt_a said:
"Pompeius had aqquired a clientelae on a scale hithero unwitnessed" - Seager
hahaha :D thats my quote too!!
"he was not one to wade through slaughter to a throne"- Robinson
"he wanted to be the one the Senate and people turned to in a military or administrative crisis"- Seager

dude, i could go on and on!!

Yep Pompey kicked ass!! ;) ur the first person whose not scared of my Pompey obsession!

Last edited:

matt_a

ay_caramba said:
hahaha :D thats my quote too!!
"he was not one to wade through slaughter to a throne"- Robinson
"he wanted to be the one the Senate and people turned to in a military or administrative crisis"- Seager

dude, i could go on and on!!

Yep Pompey kicked ass!! ;) ur the first person whose not scared of my Pompey obsession!
Hahaha. As if you wouldnt be obsessed! He beat the Pirates in 3 months, beat Mithradates (kinda), Sertorius (kinda), crushed the Lybians, destroyed Lepidus revolt, haha stole Crassus' glory, stuck it up Sulla ("pompey asked Sulla to consider the fact that more people worship the rising sun then the setting one"), changed sides, became the champion of the res publica, married for political purposes, got out of the extortion charges by marrying the majistrates daughter, and should have crushed Caesar at Dyrrachium, but he just wanted to give poor Caesar another chance. :p

If you ask me all that is better than conquering only Gaul :p hahaha

And Crassus . . he was so used, the poor guy. haha Sif he was ever gonna beat the Parthians!

One of our assessment tasks was to write a speech either in favour of Caesar or against. You were spose to be Brutus or Cicero or Antony or someone, and speak like at his funeral. Lol was funny, cause I'm a full Pompey/Republic fan, where as she is a real Caesar fan. She still claims that Caesar is hotter than Pompey.

I am so going to miss Ancient History. :(

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
matt_a said:
Hahaha. As if you wouldnt be obsessed! He beat the Pirates in 3 months, beat Mithradates (kinda), Sertorius (kinda), crushed the Lybians, destroyed Lepidus revolt, haha stole Crassus' glory, stuck it up Sulla ("pompey asked Sulla to consider the fact that more people worship the rising sun then the setting one"), changed sides, became the champion of the res publica, married for political purposes, got out of the extortion charges by marrying the majistrates daughter, and should have crushed Caesar at Dyrrachium, but he just wanted to give poor Caesar another chance. :p

If you ask me all that is better than conquering only Gaul :p hahaha

And Crassus . . he was so used, the poor guy. haha Sif he was ever gonna beat the Parthians!

One of our assessment tasks was to write a speech either in favour of Caesar or against. You were spose to be Brutus or Cicero or Antony or someone, and speak like at his funeral. Lol was funny, cause I'm a full Pompey/Republic fan, where as she is a real Caesar fan. She still claims that Caesar is hotter than Pompey.

I am so going to miss Ancient History. :(
ahahaha.."stuck it up Sulla" :D yup there u go... Pompey was so so much better than Caesar...and actually Pompey won at Pharsalus.. yup, its a scandal in ancient history, and Caesar tried to cover it up! (propaganda and what not)..u better believe it...um there's my source analysis of the day ;)

yeah Crassus was a loser... whenever i read "death of Crassus at Carhae" in my book, i think "what a loser".... at least he was rich, i guess

I'm gonna miss Ancient too, (i prob won't be able to forget all these ancient quotes..ppl will think i'm insane..)
only interesting subject in my opinion..the rest were bleh

HSC
N/A
i think I've just run across one of the only people at HGHS confident about tommorrow's ancient exam.

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
glitterfairy said:
i think I've just run across one of the only people at HGHS confident about tommorrow's ancient exam.
hi :)
who is this??
actually ancient's one of my few, fav subjects..dunno if im gonna do well (who knows), but im just not scared of it for some reason..
i think the hsc panic just hasnt affected me that much (which might not be a good thing lol)

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
yeah, i reckon your gauranteed a question (out of 4) on one of the triumvirates, in some form.
even if not, there will be a question that relates to it, like about the rise to power of one of the members

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)