ROMANTICISM: Wuthering Heights and the Imagination (1 Viewer)

zebzie

HSC
Having trouble linking it to the use of the imagination -- all I have is it's use of dreams as catalysts, revealing inner emotions etc.

Anything would help right now!

fishfingerz

HSC
Having trouble linking it to the use of the imagination -- all I have is it's use of dreams as catalysts, revealing inner emotions etc.

Anything would help right now!
yeah there aren't many elements of the imagination displayed in the novel anyways. there is a part when nelly is talking to heathcliff and they are discussing his origin, like he could have been a king or something. that's the role of the imagination i guess and link it to heathcliff being the Romantic hero or somethin and his mysteriousness.

btw: what dreams are u talking about?

Metal_Katuron

HSC
-When young cathy goes chasing after the "fairishes" with Hareton when they first meet.
-She would go on grand adventures on her horse Minny to the edge of the grounds and back
Both examples of pure childish imagination.
You're on the right track with dreams, I'm placing a big emphasis on Lockwood's dream because of it's violence and passion, despite his conservative nature.

obliscape

HSC
The imagination can be linked to transendence (to imagine one transends etc.) and you can say Heathcliff and Catherine's love transcends in that they can't love in this world, it goes beyond that; they can only be together once they're both dead...
Lol I'm not sure if you understood that, hope it sort of helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)