Romanticism Related Texts? (1 Viewer)

smik11

HSC
Hey does anyone know any related texts for Romanticism??

wrecking

derp.
HSC
i used the scarlet letter by nathaniel hawthorne. it's bloody great. it saved my arse for the HSC cos i was on the brink of giving up for this subject. it's a great read too! :D

brendroid

HSC
i used the scarlet letter by nathaniel hawthorne. it's bloody great. it saved my arse for the HSC cos i was on the brink of giving up for this subject. it's a great read too! :D
*blink*
Well, I used paintings, Dead Poets and some poems by Lord Byron. lol, I found those poems the day before the exam and I still came through reasonably okay. Perhaps not my best effort ever, but I got a better ATAR than I thought I'd get. Paintings were by Caspar Friedrich David (Abbey in the Oak Forest), Eugene Delacroix (Sardanopolus or something), Francisco Goya (King Charles VII of Spain and his Family) and Theodore Gericault (The Raft of the Medusa), and I can't recall the poems off the top of my head. Didn't use all of them in my essay though.

specky2009

HSC
Don't forget the neglected arts such as music. Romanticism was very prominent in many compositions throughout the period and isn't used as often as it could be.

DeeDazza

HSC
I'm using The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne and also poetry by William Blake.

CoooNooo

HSC
*blink*
Well, I used paintings, Dead Poets and some poems by Lord Byron. lol, I found those poems the day before the exam and I still came through reasonably okay. Perhaps not my best effort ever, but I got a better ATAR than I thought I'd get. Paintings were by Caspar Friedrich David (Abbey in the Oak Forest), Eugene Delacroix (Sardanopolus or something), Francisco Goya (King Charles VII of Spain and his Family) and Theodore Gericault (The Raft of the Medusa), and I can't recall the poems off the top of my head. Didn't use all of them in my essay though.
What was your ATAR?

CoooNooo

HSC
Do you recommend doing George Orwell's "Animal Farm" for related???

sarah1

HSC
Hi :)

I wanted to bring this post back to life and just see if anyone has any more ideas cause there are a few texts that seem to be done alot, so if anyone has anything outside of them that would be great xx

sophiacoia

HSC
I'm having so much trouble deciding! I was thinking about doing a Delacroix painting and some Poe poetry - But I'm not 100% keen. How about you? xx

sarah1

HSC
I'm really not sure - those sound good, I think I might do something by Poe as well. I wanted to do Wuthering Heights but I'm not sure if it's a bit overdone already?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)