Role of women in the Ramesside Period (1 Viewer)

kyliej

rOcKiN PuMpKiN
HSC
N/A
On Monday (8th of March) I have an essay due on what is the role of women in the Ramesside period. I'm pretty much stuck and have no idea. I know a lot of stuff about women in the period but I'm not quite sure on their role. If anyone can help me out please post some information. It's urgent. The role of women includes both nobles and peasants.

this is it

HSC
N/A
The woman took on a subordinate role to their male counterpart so mention all the stuff about males having jobs of high status eg. vizier, highpriest, chief of admin - and women were never entitled to fill these positions. The main role of the female was to support the husband - this can be through domestic duties and the day to day running of the household

also mention the Instructions of ani - primary source - that sets the guidelines of how a women should be treated in the egyptian society - if u need a copy of that let me know

changes during the ramesside period include that women were able to own their own land and other things like that (refer to textbook) cant remember lol

and also mention the role of the queen - she is seen to represent maat and is no longer co-regent to the pharaoh as seen in amarna times

hope i was of some help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)