Role of Supplementary Texts? (1 Viewer)

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Do we need to link the supplementary texts directly to the core text (The Tempest, in my case)?

Can we just say:
Text A relates to the Imaginative Journey through...
Text B relates to IJ through...
The Tempest relates to IJ through...

OR

Must we structure it as:
Text A relates to Tempest and IJ through...
Text B relates to Tempest and IJ through...

I've got no idea... and I HATE THE JOURNEY!

HSC
N/A
Assuming that The Tempest is your JOURNEYS core text (for the record, Eng AOS - Area of Study aka Journeys and Eng Adv were almost indistinugishable to me for the better part of Yr 11 and Yr 12) then yes, you do need to integrate your texts.

There will be many people who do it in chunk form, eg Text A explores IJ... Text B explores IJ... however if you're hoping for a Band 6, you're going to have to be "sophisticated" and draw upon similar themes/ideas from all your texts in the same paragraph, or close to. You can also do a mixture of chunk form and "sophisticated integration".

It's an absolute pain in the butt, I know, but the more familiar you become with it, the easier it will get (with time). And yes, Journeys sucks. Happily though, by the end of this year, you get a lot better at waffling and essay technique - because from my experience, you're really not going to understand Journeys much more than you do now :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)