Road Not Taken (1 Viewer)

ronaldinho

Banned
HSC
can any1 help me with this bit..

what is the effect of using extended metaphor in the road not taken

thanks

HSC
the only thing i mentioned about it was that the roads was a metaphor for the choice that must be made during a journey. it represented the choices, paths which the persona had to pick from.

there was alot of techniques to talk about, thats why i didnt get in detail

bos1234

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
the only thing i mentioned about it was that the roads was a metaphor for the choice that must be made during a journey. it represented the choices, paths which the persona had to pick from.

there was alot of techniques to talk about, thats why i didnt get in detail
i always get confused on this thing.. is the road symbolism for life or metaphor ?

HSC
the roads is the metaphor of the different paths, but you could say that it also symbolises the journey of life.

correct me if im wrong, but thats what i have been taught

bos1234

HSC
ok thanks. Sometimes these things can get very confusing. bye

skip89

HSC
It is easy to mix up symbols and metaphors, sometimes you can even get away with interchanging them. In the road not taken, the fork in the road is a symbol for the choice he has to make, with the extended metaphor for life blah blah being conveyed through techniques used to portray the setting and dsubject matter.

izrat

HSC
N/A
Yes! I NEED HELP TOO! SOMEONE PLEASE!!

My English teacher is an idiot. I'm serious. He said that it's a physical journey and that the poet was famous for walking. I can't write that in the HSC. He's a joke.

Lizcat

HSC
izrat said:
Yes! I NEED HELP TOO! SOMEONE PLEASE!!

My English teacher is an idiot. I'm serious. He said that it's a physical journey and that the poet was famous for walking. I can't write that in the HSC. He's a joke.
izrat.. i just saw ur name.. and it just reminded me of my name.. lizcat.. except without the l and instead of a cat its a rat...
haha...
soz im in a state of boredom right now!

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
izrat said:
He said that it's a physical journey and that the poet was famous for walking. I can't write that in the HSC. He's a joke.
:rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)