RIP Phil Hughes (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Absolutely tragic.

crazy_paki123

HSC
im absolutely stunned that he has passed, truly tragic, i actually feel like crying, just so sad. RIP Phillip Hughes

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It is a well-known issue in the industry - helmet producers have attempted to sell designs enhanced for a cricketer's but the uptake has been slow.

Can't speak for the helmet that Hughesy was wearing at the time, but I hope this is the impetus which improves uptake in the near future.

buriza

conviction
HSC
im absolutely stunned that he has passed, truly tragic, i actually feel like crying, just so sad. RIP Phillip Hughes
It is pretty devastating, actually had a teary moment about it a few minutes ago. Hard to think of never seeing the lovely fellow walk onto the field again. Needless to say, he will be missed.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, seriously a shock. Thought he was going to recover. Anyone know what actually was wrong with him and caused him to die? Like what were the injuries? I know he got a ball to the head.
Damaged artery

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The injury appears to have been damage to a major artery to the brain.

I have also just heard that the NZ v Pakistan test has been suspended while they decide what to do in the light of this tragedy, which I think is an appropriate gesture - particularly as both Hughes and Abbott were in the UAE only last month.

My thoughts are also with young Abbott who will also have to deal with what happened and do so for the rest of his life.

Life is so precious.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
The injury appears to have been damage to a major artery to the brain.

I have also just heard that the NZ v Pakistan test has been suspended while they decide what to do in the light of this tragedy, which I think is an appropriate gesture - particularly as both Hughes and Abbott were in the UAE only last month.

My thoughts are also with young Abbott who will also have to deal with what happened and do so for the rest of his life.

Life is so precious.
He may recover from it, or he may quit.

It won't give him comfort knowing that he is the kid that " bowled the ball which killed Phil".

crazy_paki123

HSC
one of the darkest days in the history of cricket. still in shock..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)