Rich Dad Poor Dad - The book to change your life (1 Viewer)

Tim_Shady

HSC
N/A
You know how u always hear of these books that can change your life, and then you read them and think that was crap? well this is half of what i just said (the first half)

Rich Dad Poor Dad is by Robert Kiyosaki, who is a japanese american, who tells a story about how he visits his "rich dad" - his best friend Mike's dad, who gives him financial advice....

cut a long story short, this book gives you inspiration and motivation to succeed in the financial world, despite your marks at school (at a recent seminar he did in sydney he revealed he makes $300,000 US a month through passive income alone - that means not working at all) and this was after he failed out of school

if you have any interest in the rest of your life, and are beginning to realise that getting a good HSC doesnt guarantee you have a good life, then this book is definently for you. It was written by someone just like us, who grew up to be richer than anyone you will ever know... and it had nothing to do with what he learnt in school!!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
a teacher of mine raved on about it, so I read it. So overrated and full of cliched "make your dreams come TRUE!" rubbish. The guy's mug is on the back of countless buses advertising his $500 seminars or some shit. Maybe that's how he made his riches :p

Last edited:

capsicum

HSC
we've got his whole collection of books. i was introduced to "rich dad, poor dad" by a teacher and then my brother read it and bought his other published works. i never finished the book though.

Thomas_wow

those books are usually a waste of money, you either got it or you dont.

but if you like them, read some chompsky, or "how to win friends and influence people" by some dude

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by Thomas_wow
but if you like them, read some chompsky, or "how to win friends and influence people" by some dude

HAHAHAHA :rofl:...go the self help book section! :p

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
how to win friends and influence people is by Dale Carnegie. he wrote other stuff on how to do public speaking effectively and how to stop worrying and start living
they were alright i think. i agree that Kiyosaki's books are overrated because they're just there to raise him more passive income through other suckers for self help books. i wouldnt buy his books, if you really want to read them then borrow them from the library

olay

HSC
ahaha that 'how to win friends and influence ppl' book was sitting on our bookshelf...my dad bought it in the 80s or sthg.... couldn't stop laughing at the title/the fact that we owned such a book when i saw it. :D

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
The book to change your life... or not.
Strictly for suckers who want to make Mr Kiyosaki richer.
And yes. I've read it. Cliches and stupid obvious things.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
My mums into all this sorta stuff -.. she raved on and on about this book and the one after (forgot what its called).. Personally I don't really like reading things like this.. I say let her get rich and pass the money on to me ;)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
a teacher of mine raved on about it, so I read it. So overrated and full of cliched "make your dreams come TRUE!" rubbish. The guy's mug is on the back of countless buses advertising his $500 seminars or some shit. Maybe that's how he made his riches :p
lol most of those people do get rich through those things

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah, life motivational speakers....for God's sake :rolleyes: Im not being cynical, people who believe it are just naive :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah, the people who write the books get richer...and richer and richer

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
You buy the book- you are poorer by 25 dollars or something. Who is the loser in this exchange?

miss_salty

HSC
N/A
How about "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" by Toby Young?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ooooo that sounds pretty decent :rofl:

"How to remove yourself from all traces of social circles"

Tim_Shady

HSC
N/A
Why do you think its a waste of money?

Do u think its a waste of money because it has cliches about how you could get rich? or is it because the majority of you havent read it (never will) and are just assuming that its like every other book?

or is it that most of you are so consumed in your HSC, so entrapted in the thinking that the HSC and your UAI is the most important thing in life, and that it will lead you to a better life, that you might not have realised that THERE IS ANOTHER WAY?

Or is it that maybe some of you are scared to admit, that you spend all day every day studying so you can go to UNI, get a job paying $100K plus, and have most of that widdled away in taxes, while people like Kiyosaki, people with no uni or college training have become successful, and u can actually see that u may not have the answer after all?

everyday we are told at school (i sure as hell am) "if you dont get a good HSC, then u wont get a good job"

well have you ever considered that these people telling u this are the people who spent all their money and time getting a good HSC and going to uni, and may not want to admit that they arent doing too well with their $50K (before tax) per year?

to all of you who do business studies, you should understand what im saying. you may not agree, or are scared to agree, with many of kiyosaki's ideas. but the numbers speak for themselves. i went to his seminar ($78, not $500) and he informed us of how he makes $300,000 a month through passive income.

thats a whole lot more than most of you "studiers" will ever make in a year

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
OR is it that you are making ridiculous sweeping generalisations and need to shut up.

I can't speak for everybody but I didnt just read the title and laugh. I borrowed a copy from a teacher and genuinely tried to read half of the damn thing before coming to my own conclusion.

miss_salty

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Tim_Shady
Do u think its a waste of money because it has cliches about how you could get rich? or is it because the majority of you havent read it (never will) and are just assuming that its like every other book?

or is it that most of you are so consumed in your HSC, so entrapted in the thinking that the HSC and your UAI is the most important thing in life, and that it will lead you to a better life, that you might not have realised that THERE IS ANOTHER WAY?

Or is it that maybe some of you are scared to admit, that you spend all day every day studying so you can go to UNI, get a job paying $100K plus, and have most of that widdled away in taxes, while people like Kiyosaki, people with no uni or college training have become successful, and u can actually see that u may not have the answer after all?

everyday we are told at school (i sure as hell am) "if you dont get a good HSC, then u wont get a good job"

well have you ever considered that these people telling u this are the people who spent all their money and time getting a good HSC and going to uni, and may not want to admit that they arent doing too well with their $50K (before tax) per year?

to all of you who do business studies, you should understand what im saying. you may not agree, or are scared to agree, with many of kiyosaki's ideas. but the numbers speak for themselves. i went to his seminar ($78, not $500) and he informed us of how he makes $300,000 a month through passive income.

thats a whole lot more than most of you "studiers" will ever make in a year

Ur taking self-help books very seriously. Are u writing an essay or something. or a market researcher trying to twist info out of us? :D

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
hehehe come back when you've made your 300 000 a month mate and then we can talk:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)