RFTG Related Text HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Scenario in brief: Have Half-Yearly Oral Assessment on Tuesday, it is now Saturday night.

My question is "Consider how particular ways of thinking are shaped and are reflected in MacLeod's The Lost Salt Gift Of Blood, Proulx's The Shipping News and One Text of your own choosing"

Can't find a related text!!!!

I have been doing a bit of searching and here's what I came up with so far-

* Erin Brokovich
Pros: Have seen the movie, enjoyed it
Cons: Haven't seen it in a while and have no time to see it again, would need fantastic notes off someone to pull this off successfully

* Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad
Pros: Study Guides aplenty seeing as i did this book in Yr 11
Cons: Not really sure whether my 'subtle' attempt to portray Imperialism as a kind of Globalisation would really work. Plus, how does the local community come in?!?

*Joy Luck Club
Pros: Seems to be good, conflicting chinese/american cultures, lots of study guides
Cons: Actually haven't read the book...

If you could think of a good related text and could point me towards some supplementary material, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Also- it doesn't need to be a book but since it seems to call for a "Little Local Town beset by big fat Evil Globalisation" or "Misunderstood individual has to go to a local community to address personal issues unable to be addressed in global situation" I'm not sure I'd be able to find that in a song lyric...

Thanks to any and all replied!
glitterfairy.

Rahul

Dead Member
i dunno about doing heart of darkness, since it is on the prescribed list, for prelim.
it is discouraged to use adv texts for ext related materials.

HSC
N/A
Read through some other posts and hoping this list will benefit others-

Matrix
A Bug's Life
Shrek

Just wondering, but does anyone have notes on any of these texts?

Best wishes!
glitterfairy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)