• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

revision questions! (1 Viewer)

lozzipops_87

HSC
does anyone have any sort of study/revision questions for pe, or past papers apart from the previous HSC papers that they could possibly send to me, coz im running out of ways to study for PE, apart from reading over my notes and i feel like nothing is sinking in PLZ help!! :):):)

aim2fire

AIMZ
HSC
i Was just thinking the same thing.. how do you study for PE if you've already done the past exams?? I havent got any revision questions to do either, i've just been going through the syllabus and making sure i've learnt everything.

aim2fire

AIMZ
HSC
don't worry.. the excel book is crap and it doesn't have any decent questions in there - none that would be asked in the exam anyway. Have you looked at the thread called "possible/past hsc style questions and marking guidelines"
I just read it and its got some good questions, unless you've done them all ! Good luck

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
yeh pdh has always been my weaker subject .. even when i think i know what im writing i dont get the marks.. heres some questions out of a text book i have, im not sure if they are on the other thread so sorry if they are:

a) discuss the trends in health status of one population group within Australia that experiences inequities in health.
b) identify and explain the social determinants that have been contributed to the health inequities of this group.
c) Explain why the new public health approach to health promotion would be more effective in reducing these health inequities than an indivdual approach

a) Explain how the body enables a continuous supply of energy to be available to working muscles during a 5000 metre race
b) discuss how physiological mechanisms and appropriate individual strategies work to control body temperatue during endurance events
c) discuss how different environments may affect the way a skill is learned

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
sorry this is all i have because of our options...

2003-HSC
1. Identify the personal consumer skill needed to make informed decisions about alternative approaches to health care
2. Explain why elder people in Australia experience levels of health that are different to those of other population groups in Australia
3. Analyse why cancer was identified as a priority area to improve health of Australians
4. Outline the features of the alactacid (ATP/PC) and the lactic acid energy systems
5. Explain how both rates of both skill acquisition and learning environment affect physical performance
Sports Medicine
1. Explain how progressive mobilisation and the use of heat and cold can assist an injured athlete return to play.
2. Analyse why sports medicine has focus on the specific demands of adult athletes, aged athletes and female athletes.
Improving Performance
1. Explain how the results of a test of aerobic capacity you have studied could be used by a coach to plan for endurance training.
2. Strength training methods may be varied to suit the demands of the phases of competition. Analyse why a sprint athlete should use different methods of strength training during these phases.
2002-HSC
1. Describe the inequities of health status experienced by people of a low socioeconomic status in Australia.
2. Evaluate the effectiveness of the application of principles of the Ottowa Charter addressing the areas of depression, and road and traffic related injuries.
3. Describe how the principles of specificity and reversibility apply to a flexibility training program
4. Discuss the role of supplementation in meeting the dietary needs of athletes
5. Analyse the psychological strategies athletes could employ to enhance performance
Sports Medicine
1. Describe the impact of drug testing on sport
2. Assess the ways in which sports policy and the sports environmental promote the physical wellbeing of children and young athletes.
Improving Performance
1. Describe how a coach could evaluate the effectiveness of the skill instruction element of a training session
2. Assess the ways in which altitude training and acclimatisation can influence the psychological preparation and performance of and endurance athlete

hope it helps a little..

mcbec

HSC
does anyone have the Maquarie revision guide?? its a subject revision/help book, like excel but HEAPS better (excel sux), it actually summarises everything quite well. it also has a heap of sample HSC questions and exams, and u get a free online test with it. ive got it - u can get it from bookstores n stuff... i noe theres not much time till the HSC now, but its worth it if u get it and will use it.
approx. $30

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)