revise hsc in a month books (1 Viewer)

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
have any of you guys used these? i have thought about getting one for chem. do you consider them worthwhile? if not, are there any other ones that are similar but better? thanks

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I bought the biology one but haven't used it yet.

My advise would be not to rely on it too much.

suz

HSC
I had a few, they are not too bad, pretty easy, basic past questions, however the summaries are concise and can help you in expressing points more simply

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hmmm.. well its mainly a workbook. SAmple questions which may be in exams, used to refresh your memory. why dont you find a 2nd hand one e.g. buysell thread. COs even if its crap, you didnt spend much on it.

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
they are very useful as a strating point however after completing this book in a week rather than a month, go on to harder examples from other texts

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
i've got the biology, IPT & gen maths ones.. and i've only used the maths one so far. Planning on using it when i've actually got exams coming up. They seem ok for now.. =/

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
thier good in the lead up to the HSC and throughout the year to pinpoint major weaknesses you have, but by no means focus your study wholy and solely on them

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
thier good in the lead up to the HSC and throughout the year to pinpoint major weaknesses you have, but by no means focus your study wholy and solely on them
well u can do that- but don't expect band 6's. :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by smegthehead
have any of you guys used these? i have thought about getting one for chem. do you consider them worthwhile? if not, are there any other ones that are similar but better? thanks
good books. but brief, good for basics, not for ALL study. i like them though

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
i liked the chem. one, it was alright..but i wouldn't rely on it totally though- better off wif ya own notes!!
yeah i do my own course summaries but i consider chem to be my weakest subject still. i think they would be good to revise the basics before i do past papers and whatnot.

thanks guys, you've all been a great help :)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
well u can do that- but don't expect band 6's. :D
The publishers admit that the "level of info" in them is a band three at best......
IMO: they are crap and not worth the paper they are printed on!! If you must buy an excel, go the proper one as it has more detail in it (even if it is a band three standard)

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Use the as a revision aid during cram sessions before the hsc

someone in my class was using them to learn new material... that was disturbing ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)