Review, Review REVIEW (on maths tutoring)! (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hey guys.

I just want to hear about your opinions on different tutoring college - MATRIX, PRIOR, DUX, Truongs, DU, Harry's, and/or Talent 100.

I want to know

• general price
  • pace of the teaching
  • pros
  • cons
  • quality of the staff/teaching
Thank you! (it's for my past student who cannot have me anymore because I have moved to different address).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Thank you very much for your very detailed input.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If any one has any information, let Namu know. Highly reputable guy, who's doing this to help others.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
All of these different tutors are highly different, ranging from a slow assisting pace for those who need to catch up to moving through the work quickly and getting their students a head start on work.

The price disparity between the tutors are also very noticeable.

funnytomato

HSC
Thank you very much for your very detailed input.
lolz
Hm, it seems Dr Du(Hurstville) or Harry's(Hurstville and Burwood) are pretty good options.
dunno about their price though, check their website or something

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
thanks guys.

I will share whatever info I have btw.

Back in the time I attended Matrix for like 2 months, the price was aruond 30 bucks per hour...i dont know if it's same now. Also, I heard that for Dux College, it's like 25 bucks per hour.

Pace-wise, I heard that du is extremely fast?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Matrix I believe is ~$45/hour and Dux is still the same.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Honestly look at Rockdale Coaching College. I went there, and it helped heaps (especially in 3unit). The guy who runs it, Rob, is an awesome guy (and a former actuary). $50 for one and a half hours, but you can come in anytime, and he can help you with questions if you're stuck on a topic. He writes all his own notes, and thoroughly covers his material.

funnytomato

HSC
thanks guys.

I will share whatever info I have btw.

Back in the time I attended Matrix for like 2 months, the price was aruond 30 bucks per hour...i dont know if it's same now. Also, I heard that for Dux College, it's like 25 bucks per hour.

Pace-wise, I heard that du is extremely fast?
Yes, I think so. But they have different levels of classes or something. So it may be slower in a lower class ..

Deathless

HSC
There's also Intuiton at Epping which for an institution, is much better price-wise than Matrix, Prior etc. Intuition teaches at a relatively fast pace, the quality of the staff is ok but there's not much individual attention unless you're quite outspoken.

Talent 100 at Epping and Chatswood is pretty bad. Price isn't cheap. Pace of teaching is relatively fast. Not much help on homework if you still don't understand after a tutorial or two.

Matrix is ok if the class is small (some of them at Chatswood are). Prior and Dux are just ok - they're sorta good at notes but not on the teaching of it.

It rlly comes down to location and who you get as the class tutor.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
If you are considering going to Harry's I only think you should go for Maths, it's not that accelerated. It is about $550 per subject a term and $800 for 4 Unit Mathematics. He goes very fast, however the topics are a few ahead of the some schools.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Thank you guys so much! Keep the reviews coming =D

but price-wise for places, do u know how much

soporific

HSC
There is Alpha Omega ... I went to the Burwood branch for ~ 3 months. The price is $50 for 2 hours [I think].

There's this teacher there named Steven, his pace is good and his teaching style... how do I put it, really "motivational". He always used to reinforce why the HSC is so important and the exponential scaling of 4 unit maths haha. Friendly atmosphere, good resources room (where you can photocopy lots of things :-D).

You can go in for a trial lesson, when I contacted them, I was placed on a waiting list for a brief period of time because his classes are quite popular.

Lumix

HSC
Troungs is very good and affordable but getting in may be difficult.

b33g_boss

HSC
-DA tuition
-Troung
-ACA
-C2C
-PEAK
-T6

all of which i know in canley vale area :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)