Reverse UAI Calculation. *please :P (1 Viewer)

ro

do me a favour and tell me what i need to do to get somewhere.

im not actually looking a for really high uai, i cant from current position anyhow *its 35 days and 50% of its been done anyhow :O* ;)

but! can someone do me a favour and tell me HSC marks needed to BOOST my internal results to a UAI of 80. I actually only need 73, but choices increase rapidly when u hit 78+.

these are all guesses.. if im wrong, its my fault just take it on these *as u do ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
to help, this is my information format:

Subject
:1: guessed rank
:2: spread, and brief of the marks layout etc?
:3: average marks in assessments..
:4: trials results
:5: hsc exam expectations
----------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERNAL ASSESSMENT
------------------------------

Engrish Advanced
:1: 6/7
:2: medium gap between myself and top
:3: ima 50% boy here + i got a coupla 0's on assessments
:4: AOS=29/45 + Modules=28/60
:5: since this with 0 in assessment and lack of preparation and im now practising, i can see a medium improvement, but english is not my thing. :/

Design and Tech
:1: 4/10
:2: not a big gap between top 5. i could be anywhere in the top 6.
:3: ima 60%+ (got 73% for unfinished Major Design Project mark)
:4: 28/40
:5: probably do a bit better, but for some reason i keep coming out thinkin i rocked the exam and dont :( :mad:

Chemistry
:1: 5/6
:2: fair distance to the top!
:3: ima 50% probably :S
:4: got 38/100 for trials though!
:5: due to post-trial work and vast improvement. probably 60%+

Physics
:1: 3/7
:2: close to the top
:3: 60%
:4: 62/100 *and VERY DISSAPPOINTED
:5: expect to do better, as i knew everything in the exam and the bit i didnt know i was able to gain full marks in! i slipped because i dont think i answered the question correctly, but knew the content :mad:!!

Mathematics (2U)
:1: 3/8
:2: bottom 5 are some way behind me, and i am within a few marks of first position :D
:3: 70%
:4: 60/120
:5: i only did 78 marks worth of the test, so 60/78 is good, however speed needs to be improved. coping v.well.

Maths Extension 1
:1: 2/3
:2: close second, however 3rd place will drag marks down. class started as 7 until ppl started dropping out!
:3: 50% just.. i guess :?
:4: 17/84
:5: the whole class will pull up to state average and maybe beyond.

thats it. 11 Units, i consider chem to be my biggest weakness and ive really cracked that one! im happy with how studying is going and am curious how much effort is needed to push myself up to a 80 UAI. PLEASE DONT SAY ITS IMPOSSIBLE!! Im going to really try from here *35 days out :p* and i havent given the internal assessment marks a satisfactory effort :(, so im wondering what sort of marks do i need in the HSC to gain a uai of 80 from these current internal marks

thanks guys n gals.

cheers * ro.

*EDIT= btw, in Design and tech, of course the major design project is part of the external examination aswell as a test. i got 73% on the unfinished version.. so take it as about 80-85% from markers.. ok? ta.

Last edited:
HSC
Sorry im a speed poster, and dont have time to type out the quality advice alot of the other members do.

You need to improve in all areas to get to 80 i think. Your best bet would be to focus on the subjects with the higher scaling (i think?). High marks in English, chemisty, physics, and maths would do you wonders.

Once again, not knowing much about how the scaling works, but to get an 80UAI i think you should be aiming to get 80% for these subjects, atleast high 70's....

Dont hold me to that though ;)

ro

haha, dont worry, at least thats encouraging! high 70's in all of them would probably mean 80 i guess, yer.

ta :p

Winston

HSC
god what school do you go to lol

so small classes :p...

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by ro
haha i was waitinf for that ;) a small rural school :p
heh don't worry too much im probably worst off than u

not saying im not performing well, im doing faily good, but i am dieing for 85, but the subjects dont scale well
oh well try ur best man,

Benno

HSC
same school as me, didnt know u did this bad ro... lol j/k
geez an if u had tried a bit more u could have kick arse ranks! im gona slap u around 2morrow!

ro

lol benno! sif i wont tickle u and run away.. :p

hmm ill have chem summarised by tomro nite.. well thats the plan anyhow, might have a test on it and see what i get :S

practise practise practise!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Low to mid 80's

Improving on the HSC exam will definitely allow you to get above 80..

ro

love the emoticon mate haha! a stout loving friend would love that!

i understand rankings and shit will be scaled up if everyone in class improves and of course if i improve also helps.. :p

but that sounds too sweet to be true :S

ro

what do ppl mean exactly.

do i need 80's in the exams... coz thats what im asking!

what sort of exam marks do i need to get an 80? if u count all those bad marks above.. :|

Jeo

depends on the actual exam, and how everyone goes on that... dont worry, just try your best, since thats all anyone can do at this point. 30 friggin days, and ive wasted one more.... oh well :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)