Revenge tragedy (1 Viewer)

clo

Heya any of you revenge tragedians out there????
I have an assesment coming up and i was wondering if ANYONE had some ideas or thoughts:
WE have to write a script for a radio program aimed at the general population. The interviewer will interview an avenger, of our own creation, who is bound by the CONVENTIONS of RT. THe program will explore the notion of "ISOLATION" in RT. Isolation could be personal, societal, or both.
Although the avenger is our original creation, i can draw on knowledge of set texts an other resources
WOWO hey. Any help or ideas would be anpreciated TO THE MAX!!!!

Alex

Heylo, im a RT'er myself. I dont quite understand what you mean by "isolation". Has it got something to do with the fact that the avenger has no access to justice and must take justice into his/her own hands? Is that the isolation you are referring to?

sunny

meh.
HSC
A good isolation is definitely Will Caine in High Noon. He is deserted and abandoned by his friends, colleagues, wife, mentor, pretty much the whole town (except for that little boy that offers to help him).

clo

yeah you're right will cain is a top example. I think that i am goign to talk about isolation almost to the point of madness. but i dont know how to place the avenger: before the revenge? after the revenge? yidunno

sunny

meh.
HSC
clo, Alex actually has a point there. In High Noon Will Caine is not the avenger, so if you use Will as a direct example of an isolated avenger, the teacher might not like it.

The best you could do I think is to get ideas from Will Caine, like how he gets isolated and pass those things onto your own avenger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)