Revenge Tragedy: what related are u using ? (1 Viewer)

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
I want to get some ideas about what people have for related pieces. Our teacher told us to find two and analyse each in depth and If we do bad she will make us do it over and over again until we hit her standard...i'm kinda freaking out :p

The two texts i'm doing is

"Titus Andronicus" by Shakespeare
"Gladiator" by Ridley Scott

I wrote an essay on Gladiator but i have no idea about titus andronicus so if anyone want to share some ideas or texts please post :D

cyanide

my friend did titus, it's great. she did the movie though, seeing as she chose medea and the revenger's tragedy for her core texts.

um, i did the crow (movie) and carrie (stephen king's novel)

sickwithlove

Queen Beathen
HSC
i've got 'tis pity she's a whore', 'Beloved', 'Such is life' and 'Rigoletto'. The last three fit pretty well with Medea. - Sorry haven't done either of the one's u mentioned!

cyanide

yes, we were suggested rigoletto, and many other operas have a nice revenge tragedy genre too

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i did:

1. Momento the movie

2. Eye for an eye - movie - contemporary hollywood revenge traged

3. Thyestes - Seneca - 16th century revenge traged

4. Broken April - Isamil Kadare - Albanian revenge traged in its naturalist form

5. Hamlet - archetypal revenge traged

6. The Piano - postmodern revenge traged

i included all 6 texts + 2 compulsary texts (the revenger's tragedy + High Noon) in my essays.

Perhaps

HSC
N/A
So not telling which movie I'm using. :p *saves it all for herself* Actually, nah, a lot of people probably do it.

I am using Seneca's Thyestes though. I absolutely love that play. Everyone will of course be refering to Hamlet...

And I haven't really picked anything else yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)