Revenge Tragedy Notes... (1 Viewer)

phillipo

HSC
I found this after a google search and its obviously a project or something that someone in a previous year has done but its really really in-depth and EXTREMELY worthwhile. Beats sparknotes any day:

www.geocities.com/emmabathurst/revengehomeindex.html

i have no idea how to make that a link but im sure none of you have any complications figuring out how to copy and paste.

saraho

HSC
N/A
thanks for the link - i hav an essay to write about the conventions of genre and rt in relation to medea, and it helped heaps!

basil

HSC
is the count of monte christo a good reveg. trag text?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by basil
is the count of monte christo a good reveg. trag text?
I don't know as I've never seen it, but I'm having trouble finding good quality supp material...how many supplementary pieces are you guys choosing? We have to choose 4...:(

thanks for the link...its good!

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
another really good deconstruction of medea can be found at www.classicnote.com, its really good for Hamelt as well, and just as a side note i did hamlet as a related text and i still got band 6 so obviously the markers don't mind, alot of my friends did it too and we all got bands 5 and 6 (well 3 and 4 but you know what i mean). And to give you an idea on the helpfulness of that site, i never read hamlet i just read teh notes i took of the site!. So i would encourage you to use hamlet cos its such a good revenge tradgedy especially if you use high noon cos they really complement each other with the different approaches, especially if you have a quetion about how context affects a composer challenging/adhereing to conventions..ok enough from me

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by shelley
another really good deconstruction of medea can be found at www.classicnote.com, its really good for Hamelt as well, and just as a side note i did hamlet as a related text and i still got band 6 so obviously the markers don't mind, alot of my friends did it too and we all got bands 5 and 6 (well 3 and 4 but you know what i mean). And to give you an idea on the helpfulness of that site, i never read hamlet i just read teh notes i took of the site!. So i would encourage you to use hamlet cos its such a good revenge tradgedy especially if you use high noon cos they really complement each other with the different approaches, especially if you have a quetion about how context affects a composer challenging/adhereing to conventions..ok enough from me
Thanks...a lot of people have told me not to do hamlet, and a lot have said the opposite...the site reallymakes it easy to understand so I may use it!

Perhaps

HSC
N/A
Thank you so much Phillipo and Shelly! Those were two great links.

Especially the first one... it's so hard trying to find solid explanations of the conventions in this genre. So much so that it's getting ridiculus.

Anyway, thanks! :)

jayaone

does anyone know where to find a decent deconstruction/synopsis of "the revenger's tragedy"?

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by jayaone
does anyone know where to find a decent deconstruction/synopsis of "the revenger's tragedy"?
I've looked everywhere for one, but I can't find one!
If you find one, let me know. If I find one, I'll pm you.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
Thanks...a lot of people have told me not to do hamlet, and a lot have said the opposite...the site reallymakes it easy to understand so I may use it!
Nooooo you shouldn't use Hamlet, because its in the Advanced course. It's really frowned upon because how do they know you aren't double-dipping?
Don't use it... ask your HT english and they'll tell u not too.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Originally posted by jayaone
There's an Excel Study Guide on it... its Yellowy/orange... but its not brilliant. Its much better just to read it... its not so hard to follow.

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by Beckiki_S
Nooooo you shouldn't use Hamlet, because its in the Advanced course. It's really frowned upon because how do they know you aren't double-dipping?
Don't use it... ask your HT english and they'll tell u not too.
Thanks for the warning. I'd actually forgotten that I ever said that about Hamlet, and wasn't going to do it, but thanks anyway

*Flutterby*

hamlet

Originally posted by Beckiki_S
There's an Excel Study Guide on it... its Yellowy/orange... but its not brilliant. Its much better just to read it... its not so hard to follow.
i did othello in the advanced course and we are being taught hamlet rather then doing it as a related text

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Does anyone know where to get a good revenger's tragedy study guide from?? I can't find one anywhere!

aud

HSC
There's an A4 sized book called Success in Extension English: Revenge Tragedy, it's yellow, but I forget the publisher... it might be Five Senses... but it's pretty good

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
Originally posted by aud
There's an A4 sized book called Success in Extension English: Revenge Tragedy, it's yellow, but I forget the publisher... it might be Five Senses... but it's pretty good
Yeah but my teacher photocopies large chunks of it for us. I don't think there is a revenger's tragedy study guide unfortunately.

aud

HSC
Originally posted by ~dEjA vOuX~
Yeah but my teacher photocopies large chunks of it for us. I don't think there is a revenger's tragedy study guide unfortunately.
:D You teacher sounds exactly like my teacher... photocopies chunks out of it, then millions of huge academic papers... but no actual notes :rolleyes:

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
I recently got a Assessment task on revenge tragedy.
Its a group speech which should last around 20 min and here is the question. "Explain the issues and ideas raised in Medea which reflect the society and cultural conditions that produced the play"

Any tips or ideas ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)