revenge tragedy..ahh (1 Viewer)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
hey dudes and dudetts! i am currently stuck on this essay. i wrote half of it, and it just sounds alwful.

You have to respond to: 'When the community takes action to right a wrong it is called justice, when the individual ats it is called revenge".

anione got any thoughts?

Btw the texts we are studying are The REvenger's Tragedy, Medea and High Noon, High Noon is my fav. mainly cuz it is more of a postmodern revenge tragedy text than the others. um..god damn i wish i am doing postmdoernism instead of revenge...><..oh well....all in the name of the hsci....

phillipo

HSC
ok this isnt about the essay coz frankly i cant be bothered writing a response to that but just so you don't piss off the markers in your HSC, High Noon isn't post-modernism. Its just plain old modernism. Post-mod didn't start until (well really the 1970s) but the 1960s with absurdism.
sorry to burst your bubble

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yup i realised that last ngiht as i was re-reading my notes. I was thinking more on the lines of the movie "The Piano" which IS a pomo film...thankz for pting that out aniwayz... :)

swingin' n

hey, i know this won't help you in your essay, but could you tell me about what things you are studying about Medea?? (ie. themes, techniques etc.)

i'm not studying it in E.ENG, but E2ENG, and i only just found out ppl are doing it as part of revenge tragedy. if i know what you guys are doing on it, i can fulfill one of my objectives (to realte our major work to english advanced, and extension)

thanx!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)