• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

return of 2004 major works + journals (1 Viewer)

justnothing

hey guys, does anyone know when we get our major works back???

Last edited:

Poon-Tang

HSC
I Sent them out already!!!

justnothing said:
hey guys, does anyone know when we get out major works back???
Have you checked your letter box cos i swear i sent them out a few days ago.

J

jhakka

justnothing said:
hey guys, does anyone know when we get out major works back???
Oh crap... I forgot about those.

They came back pretty late least year, I think. Mid Term 2 at the latest.

HSC
N/A
I picked up mine from my school a few days ago - apparently they arrived there a week ago.

Call the school first though, I say :)

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Hey if people have gotten their journals back, i would VERY much like to have a look at some people's =)
plz plz plz? :D

HSC
N/A
Sure, if some of us have word files still on our computers, we'd let you see them...

But you *do* know that most people's journals are in scrapbook format, yes?

Alimoe_KG

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Sure, if some of us have word files still on our computers, we'd let you see them...

But you *do* know that most people's journals are in scrapbook format, yes?
YES I DO! :D
which is why we should meet up somewhere, perhaps Fisher or city library or somewhere so some of us youngsters can take a look. What says you Extension 2 ppls that have their logbooks back?
Agree agree agree? :D

HSC
N/A
But we can just *tell* you what's in it?

There is NO formal structure to the journal at all. When I say "scrapbook", or "collection of notes", I'm not kidding...

X

xeuyrawp

glitterfairy said:
But we can just *tell* you what's in it?

There is NO formal structure to the journal at all. When I say "scrapbook", or "collection of notes", I'm not kidding...
That's very true. If you try to make your journal like something, rather than writing naturally, it's going to be of no use to you.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
haha... my journal is like way worse than a scrap book.. it's soo bad i was thinking of re-writing it.. but i have 2 books allready and it'll take me ages...

by the way does it matter if u have a whole load of spelling errors and entries that can't be read by anyone but u(slight exaggeration but almost true)... I usually write stuff in my journal real quick before i forget what it was i wanted to write... and so i really dont care if i write "qate" instead of "cat"... if u get what i mean.. but it's too much to go through and edit... does anybody esle have a journal this bad...

oh yeh but it does have a few pictures here and there.. and a trace of colourful yellow and pink highlighter... but I'm hoping that since the journal isn't actually marked, that they won't mind all the errors....

they shouldn't........

anyone experinecd enough to answer my question....

*points to glitterfairy and jhakka* *forgets to point at 05er's who may know*

*points at 05er's*

HSC
N/A
Darlings...

I have pictures, scribbled notes, scribbles (yes, "symbolic" drawings), lots of highlighter, photocopied notes stuck in here and there...

and did I mentioned scribbled notes?

For those that did an electronic journal, it's likely to be far neater and more cohesive than regular journals. Either way, there doesn't need to be any structure, and it is not marked. So chill! :)

I'm sure there's a sticky on journals here though... things like how you should review/reflect on your research (YES! Don't just stick photocopies in there!) I can definately help on.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
My 6 journals are all lovely and ordered:

- 3 for my drafts
- 1 for criticisms of the genre
- 1 for research into conventions; and
- 1 for stage physicalities

X

xeuyrawp

physician said:
haha... my journal is like way worse than a scrap book.. it's soo bad i was thinking of re-writing it..
You would not need to do that unless it would benefit you. Markers rarely look in your journals, but as my 4U teacher said, they do look at it in their little pile. They will only check your journal if they are unsure of your research, or they suspect you of taking other people's writing. They check rarely because there's a procedure they have to go through and it takes up time.

Edit:
Gavrillo said:

- 3 for my drafts
That's a lot of journals... Is that many journals really going to help you... Remember you shouldn't be putting heaps of time into them unless their constructive to your actual MW.

I did 2 Journals: one full journal of which was done entirely the 2 days before because my MW was very research based and I was worried it wasn't evident in my actual work. Turns out I was wrong, because neither of them were opened by the maker:)

Last edited by a moderator:

physician

HSC
Gavrillo said:

- 3 for my drafts
only if i was as organised... although i do have one book for resrecah and criticsm and everything combined and a seperate one for my poems...

are ur 6 journals full.....?????

physician

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I did 2 Journals: one full journal of which was done entirely the 2 days before because my MW was very research based and I was worried it wasn't evident in my actual work. Turns out I was wrong, because neither of them were opened by the maker:)
how do u know the markers didn't open ur journals?

X

xeuyrawp

physician said:
how do u know the markers didn't open ur journals?
Because I had my different books - the two journals, the mw, and the reflection statement bound, and as a bit of queer touch, I tied this piece of string around them separately and then all together with this Asian knots - they make a kind of square, very impractical, but very pretty:). I emailed my teacher asking whether I could come and pick them up (after reading this thread), and she said that they came back all undone except for the journals.

edit: thanks for the heads up, I didn't know we could collect them...

Alimoe_KG

HSC
NEVERTHELESS! AIrness would still love to actually see a physical journal. Its like touching the holy grail :D

X

xeuyrawp

Airness said:
NEVERTHELESS! AIrness would still love to actually see a physical journal. Its like touching the holy grail :D
At least 90% of my journals was comprised of Drafts that had been scrawled on.

Abbeygale

HSC
Airness said:
Why don't you ask your teacher if you can see the journals that haven't been picked up at your school? Our teacher let us go through them at the beginning of the term.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)