Retreat From The Global (1 Viewer)

MunkeyMann

Ready to finish...
HSC
RFTG used to really get up my skin but then i learned to not look too deep into it. most of the best analyses of the texts are obvious to see, u just need to elaborate on them. Creative pieces are gnna get to me tho. I think wrting as one of Quoyle's kids will be the best way to go. Maybe as diary entries, that is always good to try.

joe1016

HSC
yeah i suck at creative and i just got a practice one back today from the holidays and i got 11 out of 25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

freakingoutgonnaadoreallybadlyinthisupcomingassessment!!!

HSC
N/A
Did you get any comments with the story?

The alternative is to pm a copy if you want my critique :p

EDIT: The problem with a lot of EE1 creative pieces is that people try to be "too" creative and shove too much syllabus stuff in there. Not a good idea. You want a good, solid story in there - if you don't have that, none of your module-related stuff will work. Strong foundations make for a good house with all the trimmings ;)

joe1016

HSC
yeah our teacher is pretty good with comments, she always writes a full page for ext tasks.

i knew it was shite, it wasnt really creative, she likened it to a lecture. which i actually expected to happen.

HSC
N/A
joe1016 said:
yeah our teacher is pretty good with comments, she always writes a full page for ext tasks.

i knew it was shite, it wasnt really creative, she likened it to a lecture. which i actually expected to happen.
A full page? Oooeee that is really good!

joe1016

HSC
yeah she is good like that we always get heaps of feedback if we want it. it help when we get notes like that. too bad i can never thjink of anything creative for english.

we should be allowed to create our own artwork and submit that as a text.

if we can analyse artworks y cant we make them?????

mikhaila

HSC
yay munkeymann!! seeing as we rnt allowed 2 mention are real names... well yes we got our creatives bak 2day and mine was also shit... 15/25 mmm the teacher pretty much told me what i thought was wrong with it but i was still a bit dissapointed, i spose it dosent matter this week coz the assessment task is going 2 b completly different but its concerning that im not addressing the issues properly or whatever... u suk ollie for cracking the RFTG code some of us are still scrambling!!! lol

mikhaila

HSC
lol yeah i suk, joe u are such a bitch in this forum, its a good thing i know u in real life and can slap u for it later

MunkeyMann

Ready to finish...
HSC
Well, ur complainin about gettin 12 and 11 out of 25......I got 10/25 lol. so there, and im beating u both. altho i guess i was expecting it for sommin done the night b4. specially as i ued the word "nice" twice on the first page, she killed me for that. oh well, maybe ill adapt my advanced english creative piece to RTFG. it could work and i did ok on that....after they remarked it that is :p sry joe

mikhaila

HSC
Hey i am finally thinking about this assessment task which is omg on friday ahhh, and i was just considering the idea of writing as either bunny or sunshine....i think someone mentioned it in class the other day but i cant remember. i think it would b easier to act as one of them and set it in the future so you can make up their 'voice' rather than trying 2 replicate one of the other characters, do u rekon that would b risky though??

Well, i really have no idea what i will do but i think i might try and project something about the future of newfoundland and that through one of quoyle's kids rather than trying 2 continue on with the story as it was.... let me know what u think or what those of u from my class are doing lol bye!!

joe1016

HSC
well, that assessment is over and done with, we havent got our marks yet bcos our teacher has not been at school for like a thousand days. i wanto know what i got!!!!

.....meanwhile, mikhaila has been informed that she blitzed it by the theacher and im gonna take credit for it too.

she wrote about art theory...which i told her right before the test. no-one else has talked about that in their tasks so therefore she wins. and therefore i win cos im the art student...who taught her everything she knows.

dammit im helping the enemy

HSC
N/A
smart class = higher class ranking --> internal marks being up at the end of the HSC ;)

joe1016

HSC
problem is that we dont know if we are a smart class.
almost every year for ext 1 a different teacher teaches a different topic. i figured that i should beat her NOW and then in the HSC when my rank is better than hers i would get her to do really well, therefore i do better.....i like my logic

HSC
N/A
hahahaha

Just work hard, have faith, and discuss RFTG topics on BOS :) This is a good place to find out how much you've learnt in comparison to the rest of the state :)

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
errr i think that another ext classmate is dropping now...
leaving sum total = ME

and i handed in an assesment this morning .. and it was shit .

HSC
N/A
Don't worry - we've had one-person-classes people on here before :) Just make sure you always bring up any issues you have - the more discussion we have going, the more opportunities there are to learn from each other :)

mikhaila

HSC
ok double edge sword time... wanna abuse joe about the fact that he was wrong and owes me a dollar for beating me in the task!!! but then again he did still beat me grrr meh i will get over it.....

anyways welcome 2 the new person, come join us super-uber-ultra nerds (Soz ollie i couldnt rememba the order! in this stress out forum.. next problem is that little thing called the trial HSC Lol ... laters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)