Retail Bitcherhood (1 Viewer)

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
here be the clique for all those poor suckers who work in retail like me. come home, unscrew the ingratiating smile from your face and bitch about the customers who were rude to you today. our mantra: if you, the customers, are nice to us, we WILL mean it when we say "have a nice day".

i work in a bookshop. pricing sucks, and the register hates me. garrrrrrrh.
other than that it's ok. i'll check in again tomorrow night after i've spent a whole day smiling at people and writing a billion credit receipts (we don't have mobile credit facilities yet...)

Generator

HSC
N/A
I don't smile... 'Luckily' I work in a supermarket, so nobody seems to mind.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I got promoted recently to assistant store manager.. so I can 'dish some flak back' to those extremely rude customers. Those little punk kids who try to shoplift also give me the extreme shits.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
dw i know how you feel + even in supermarkets you are supposed to smile at the customers

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I used to work at my parents' grocery store... ASIAN CUSTOMERS are the worst because they'll be speaking a mile a minute in Vietnamese/Chinese and I'll be like 'wtf, ok here's some rice'...

But I start at Myer soon so I'm sure I'll have lots of stories by then

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Those little punk kids who try to shoplift also give me the extreme shits.
i caught a kid stealing the other day... damnpunk got away withit too.. because i didnt have another staff member with me watching him while i followed him to the checkouts.. damn i hate him so much..

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
babydoll_ said:
I used to work at my parents' grocery store... ASIAN CUSTOMERS are the worst because they'll be speaking a mile a minute in Vietnamese/Chinese and I'll be like 'wtf, ok here's some rice'...

But I start at Myer soon so I'm sure I'll have lots of stories by then
Hahaha, I work in a tutoring centre/bookshop, and I always get parents running up to me and start speaking rapid Cantonese...all I can do is smile sweetly and say, "Uh, sorry, but I only speak Mandarin..." They usually just stare at me for 30 secs and start explaining things in mandarin all over again.

Also cheap Asian parents nagging for discounts are annoying. When they go off at you for not giving any, you still have to smile sweetly and apologise. Sigh.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
  • customers with crazy technical/naggy/burdening requests
  • no getting breaks for 4hr shifts
  • not enough pay for an aspiring lawyer
  • no fringe benefits, free TVs and shit
  • i can't think of anymore, but i'll be reminded when i go to work

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
Also cheap Asian parents nagging for discounts are annoying. When they go off at you for not giving any, you still have to smile sweetly and apologise. Sigh.
Yeah I've had that all the time, they think just cos they can haggle in the markets in China, Hong Kong or wherever that they can haggle wherever they want, it's so annoying. Markets are designed to have people haggle for stuff, shops have fixed prices that are not negotiable. Why can't they understand that!

Also it shits me so bad when people buy stuff then complain how expensive it is. They should piss off and do their shopping elsewhere if our stuff is "too expensive", i don't really care

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Frigid said:
no getting breaks for 4hr shifts
LOL! You soft ass! ;)

Don't complain about no break on a four hour shift.. try working 10-12 hours with no break, let alone breaks!

Collin

HSC
N/A
I usually do 13 hour shifts.. with no breaks, but if it's not busy I just sit on my ass and watch the Simpsons.. guess that's kinda like a break. :D

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Cyph said:
LOL! You soft ass! ;)

Don't complain about no break on a four hour shift.. try working 10-12 hours with no break, let alone breaks!
haha bon, i'm just lazzy... but the thing is, it's bloody hard to concentrate for more than 4hrs at a time...

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Frigid said:
haha bon, i'm just lazzy... but the thing is, it's bloody hard to concentrate for more than 4hrs at a time...
tell me about it, i almost charged a customer $2990.56 for three books today. also had to chase three different ppl down the street with receipt/purchases/credit cards they had left on the counter.

and LITTLE KIDS! jaysus chroist!!! there was this two-year-old in today who wanted a trains & planes book that made Realistic Horn & Engine Noises!!!, and after pressing all the buttons for ten mintues straight he found out mummy WASN'T going to buy it for him, screamed like a spitroasted banshee for the next ten minutes. it was seriously bloodcurdling. his mother threatened to leave him in the shop with me. "i'll leave you here with the lady! i will! now stop it!"

so i made an evil axe murderer face at him behind her back and he shut up quick.

Collin

HSC
N/A
welshi said:
tell me about it, i almost charged a customer $2990.56 for three books today. also had to chase three different ppl down the street with receipt/purchases/credit cards they had left on the counter.
I've accidentally charged people a phenomenally high amount of money for stuff.. and didn't even realise till ages later, and the customers didn't even complain. I once charged $8 for a $2 drink (I was so tired), and he just happily paid the money and walked away..

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
JKDDragon said:
I've accidentally charged people a phenomenally high amount of money for stuff.. and didn't even realise till ages later, and the customers didn't even complain. I once charged $8 for a $2 drink (I was so tired), and he just happily paid the money and walked away..

hahahaha nice work...

i hate it how you get in trouble for ur register being over.... well hello! its profit u shouldnt be complaining.. who cares if i ripped a customer off i say

Collin

HSC
N/A
_muse_ said:
hahahaha nice work...

i hate it how you get in trouble for ur register being over.... well hello! its profit u shouldnt be complaining.. who cares if i ripped a customer off i say
LOL, I went to my boss afterwards "err.. I accidentally charged that guy $8 for it", and she kinda looked at me and went:

"Oh god.. YOU IDIOT, wait a second, I mean keep up the good work!!"

lol

As for the register being over, I think my boss gave up on lecturing me about that.. I always accidentally hit the double 0 key instead of the single 0 (because I'm an unco bastard).. so a $65.00 purchase becomes a $650.00................. then the boss gets confused why the till is short about 600 bucks and says someone stole must have stole it.. and looks at me in an etch way.

oolovell

God
HSC
The Money Issue is why i refuse to work registers at work, so when im forced to actually do it i fuck up as much as possible so they get the shits with me and send me back to the shop floor ( I work at BigW Rockdale)

I have SO FUCKING MANY asshole customer stories, its like they only come into the store to fuck with you, i've developed a technique however, as soon as they start their shit, go, look, i dont want to deal with you at the moment, so i'll get the store manager and you can argue with him, pretty much as soon as i say that their like, oh, nah dont worry

As for theiving little bastards! Fuck, Its more so Adults than children, if anyone knows the Rockdale area they'll understand where im coming from, like, These Egyption fuckheads put a tv a 68 cm NON flat screen, on layby than cam back a week later and are like, We've come to pick up our FLAT SCREEN tv, the display sign says flat screen so we want the flat screen (theyd changed to tickets for the tvs, with a 200 price difference mis match) they made such a point of it that i got suspicious, so they took the tv they lay byed home than rang up 20 minutes later and go, you didnt give us our flat screen, so the manager had a half hour argument with them about it and eventually had to give them the 200 more expensive one, i got over it, but than a week later the FUCKHEADS came back and abused the fuck out of me about the newer flat scrren one not having a reciept, i told them to get fucked just as the manager walked up to us..

I just realised that this story hasnt really got a point, except that ALL customers are decieving bastards.

DONT WORK IN RETAIL UNLESS YOU ENJOY ABUSE FROM COCKHEADS WHO THINK THEY CAN LORD OVER YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
With the being over in your till thing, the manager doesn't want customers being ripped off cos if they realise they've been shortchanged, they will spread the bad word quickly...giving that business a bad reputation. Anyway, I used to work at the Reject Shop, and whenever someone was like 5 bucks or so over, they'd get a lecture from the supervisor about how "that $5 could have been a little old lady's bus money, now she has no way to get home, she will have to walk home and on the way she might get hit by a car"... ffs what a stupid lecture to give, no one cares and it's a pretty unlikely scenario anywho..

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
the worst thing is someone coming in, going through your window display, say, "discount?" and then walk out.

Miss_Mirage86

Full-Time Princess
HSC
Worken at maccas i have hundreds of stories bout ASSHOLE customers... but im not gonna bore any1 with them!!! But like customers think that they can pull one over u coz ur like a little 17 yo that worx at mcdonalds!!! People are so tight ass as well arguing with me about paying 30cents for a sauce! Its like LOOK... do u hav ne idea how many ppl want to get away with that in one day?! it all adds up and ur not ripping off ronald mcdonald ur ripping off my boss who owns the store and has a family n kids!!!!!!!!!!!! People are just so pathetic and inconsiderate! GRRR! And dont get me started on the smart ass young customers that come in! GRRR!!! oh oh oh! one story.... worken in mccafe the other nite i was off at 10pm which is cafe close, and these 2 women come in at 10 to 10 and demand that i remake their coffee into mugs to eat in instead of takeaway cups... as well as ordering cake slices which dirty up plates n cutlery! Like hello ive got alot of work to do and after an 9 hr shift i have to wait around for U to finish ur precious little coffee so i can wash up the last stuff n close the dishwasher! Needless to say they left ovr half n hour later n just left their plates n cups on their table... be polite at least n put it on the counter after i had to wait around for u!!! sorry i said i woodnt bore u but i have! HA. worken at maccas is like one of the toughest jobs out there in all areas... n these ppl so see how well they can do if they were to work there, they woodnt last 5mins.

Ok... theres my bitch over... next...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)