Ret 2004 Results (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
pussy_cat said:
Your RET result is your ranking compared to everyone else who did the RET test.
eg 81 means you beat 80% of all people who did it. Any other results, eg separate multiple choice, written english, are your actual marks - I think.
So if you got like 98 in multiple choice and 90 in written english and a RET result of 81 (for example - i have no idea) then that means that 80% of all people got lower results in those tests than you did.
So therefore, a result higher than 50 for your RET should be good because that means you are 'beating' half the people that did the test - well thats how i look at it anyway.

Anyway how come ppl have their results?? I thought we didnt get them until we got our HSC results??? I mean i got my RET result, but it says that no individual test scores were issued until like december or something
Actually, if you get a percentile rank of 81, it means you had received a higher score than 81% of the of the people who did the test. Your percentile rank is the amount of people who received a STAT score less than you. This is stated below your results.

Zarathustra

Dasein
The ficticious world of subject, substance, "reaso
HSC
I rang up UAC and they said that RET is your percentile out of all those that sat the STAT for UWS. (I'm guessing just that year - not sure????)
The STAT is a percentile standardised nationwide and across years (it says this on the form). So the 98.8 would be the multiple choice part I assume, what mark did you get, I got 174. The RET also takes into consideration the written part. Donshe, luckily for us pharmacy and vet. science only look at you multi choice results!
I'm not sure about the mature age entry - it's in the UAC guide though.
To Tennille, I didn't mean that 94 was the average I just thought it was taken from the average of the multi choice and written parts (98.5 and 89, so about 94), I was mistaken because the percentiles are from a different population...

Skeeta

HSC
yeah i got 84.. pissed off coz i really needed 2 get 87.. grrr

i got 89 in written english too!! yay for us!

bombed out in the english mult choice part i got like 71 and the other part i got 95.9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)